Apologies

The doctor looked at the three. "I'm sorry....." He said softly. Roy only held Ed close to him, trying to keep in his tears. "For worrying all of you!" The doctor exclaimed. Three heads shot up, looking at the doctor.

"Eh....?" They asked at the same time. The doctor gave them a warm smile, as he held up the now empty needle.

"We were able to find a cure, just in time might I add! Mr. Elric will be fine, he's resting at the moment." He explained. Roy looked at the man, and then to the blonde in his arms in shock. He was right. Ed didn't feel cold at all. And he was breathing! He was alive!

Roy couldn't help the smile on his face and he gently kissed Ed only the forehead. 'Thank god....' He thought. Roy heard Al ask a question, but he wasn't paying attention, too caught up in his thoughts.

"It seems Mr. Elric's body was about to shut itself down, and he was falling asleep while the disease would've killed him. That's why he's only resting right now. He would've actually been dead in a few hours or so." The man explained. Everyone felt relief.

"Well, I'll give you all some time. Let me know when he wakes up." The doctor explained before exiting the room. Al and Winry watched with smiles on their faces as Roy practically cradled Ed in his arms, nothing but love and happiness shining in his eyes.

-Time Skip-

When two golden eyes opened, the owner of the eyes looked around. He was still in the hospital room. He was confused. Wasn't he dead? Was this hospital room the after life? The blonde slowly sat up in the bed, only to see Brigadier General Roy Mustang sleeping there, their hands tangled together. Ed couldn't help but smile as he gently ran his fingers through Roy's hair.

"Good morning brother." Al greeted quietly, as he stepped into the room. Ed bit back a yelp, and looked at him.

"A-Al...?! Wha-What are you?!" He exclaimed. Al giggled quietly.

"He was really scared Ed." He simply replied, walking towards his sibling, dodging the question. "We all were." Ed frowned slightly.

"Yeah, sorry." He apologized quietly. Al waved it off. "All that matters is that you're alright." He replied.

"I think it's time you told him brother." Ed's face flushed a bit, but nodded in agreement.

"Al...what if he-"

"Don't you start that brother. Just tell him, alright?" Ed hesitantly agreed, and Al left the room. A few minutes later, Roy woke up with a yawn. It took him a few minutes to actually wake up, and once he did, there was a small smile on his face.

"Hey," Ed greeted, smiling warmly at Roy.

"Hey," He replied, still holding Ed's hand. His cheeks went a bit red, and he moved to pull his hand away, when Ed stopped him.

"Don't..." He whispered. "I like your hand holding mine." Roy smiled a little, and nodded. The two males found themselves leaning closer to one another, and their lips met in a sweet, gentle kiss. Everything Roy was feeling, Ed could tell in that kiss. Love, relief, worry, happiness. It was all there. Roy's free hand found its way to Ed's cheek. When the two pulled away, their foreheads rested against one another.

"I love you." Ed whispered.

"I love you too. Just stay by my side for a little longer okay?" Roy replied quietly.

"No." Ed replied.

"Eh?"

"I'll be besides you forever." And just like that, the two hearts melted into one, forever entwined.