Similar

The doctor excused himself from the grief filled room. Edward was tightly clutching the blanket, his shoulders shaking as he did so. Alphonse stood, tears welling up in his eyes, as he was reminded of when their mother died.

"Ed..." Roy mumbled softly, a frown tugging at his lips. The blonde didn't saw a word to reply. Both brothers were stricken with sadness. Roy moved closer to Edward. "Ed.." He tried again, his tone still soft. He placed his hand on top of the blonde's. "Hey....calm down. You'll rip the blanket..." He whispered quietly. Said blonde just turned towards Roy. He faked a smile at the male.

"I'm fine Mustang. And get your stupid hand offa me. I might catch your lazy bastard illness." He joked. Al looked at Ed.

"Brother?" He asked quietly. Edward looked up at his sibling.

"What's up Al?" He asked softly.

"The disease.....its the same one mom had..." He explained, his voice dripping with gloom. Ed went silent after that. Alphonse looked to the Brigadier General.

"Sir, could I speak to you outside for a moment?" He asked quietly. Roy nodded.

"Of course Al." He replied, and the two stepped outside, leaving the tension filled room. They stood in the hallway a few feet away from Ed's room.

"I have a request for you...." He stated quietly. Roy looked at Al. The blonde looked heart broken. His eyes were filled with sadness.

"What is it?" Roy asked gently.

"I'm gong to go back to Resembool to tell Granny and Winry. While I'm away...look after Brother will you? And make his last months worth living....please Roy." He pleaded softly, staring up into Roy's shocked eyes. The raven headed male slowly nodded.

"Of course." He replied. Al just gave him a small smile in return.

"Thank you." He replied. The two stepped back into the room, and Ed was reading a book from his bag.

"So, anybody know when I can go home?" He asked. Roy glanced to Al, and the blonde nodded.

"We'll have to wait until the doctor can discharge you, but you'll be staying with me." He explained. Edward looked at the two.

"What?! Why?! I can easily stay with Alphonse-" He was cut off by a harsh coughing fit.

"Brother!"

"Edward!"

Both males exclaimed in worry. The blonde held his hand up in protest.

"I-I'm fine..." He replied, his hand moving towards his chest. Roy was by the blonde's bedside, and gently placed his hand on his chest.

"Are you alright?" Roy asked worriedly, looking at him.

"M-My chest..." He seemed to whimper. Roy just cradled Edward in his arms, hoping it'd comfort him.

"Brother, I'm going to go to Resembool, to let Winry and Granny know what's going on. You'll be staying with the Brigadier General so that he can keep an eye on you." Al explained softly. Edward sighed and nodded.

"Okay, I'll stay with him then, seeing as to how I really don't have a choice here do I?" He replied, making Roy and Alphonse chuckle.

"Nope."

Hey guys! So, about the disease Ed has, I looked into what disease Trisha could've had, and TB (I'm just gonna call it that) was the most possible. All the symptoms Ed has, are real symptoms of the disease. So yeah, I DID RESEARCH ARE CHU PROUD YET? XD Hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you next chapter! Bai!