Temporary

"Make his last months worth living...please Roy." The words from the younger Elric brother repeatedly ran through the male's mind. He had to do something. Something special. Something that Edward wouldn't forget. Something that he'd remember, and think it was a special experience.

"Ed?" He questioned, walking into the library. The elder Elric had taken a liking to the room, and decided in there until lunch was ready. "Ed?!" He called again, slightly worried. He put down the two plates he currently held, and ran towards the library. When he got to the room, Ed was hurled up in a corner, surrounded by mountains of books.

He was currently reading a book about flame alchemy. The raven haired Brigadier General chuckled slightly, and placed a hand on his fast beating heart. The blonde didn't even notice him there. 'Such a brat...even at 16, he's still a brat.' Roy thought, looking at the blonde.

"What do you want Colonel Bastard, I'm reading." Said blonde stated, looking up at him with narrowed eyes, irritation swirling in his golden orbs. Roy chuckled a bit.

"Wrong rank Elric. Try again." He replied. Edward rolled his eyes.

"Egotistical bastard." He grumbled. Roy chuckled again.

"That works too." He stated. The blonde sighed.

"What did you want?" He asked. Roy walked towards him, and sat down next to him.

"Well, I was calling for you, lunch is ready." He explained. Ed nodded.

"I see. Just gimme a few minutes, I wanna finish reading this book." He suggested. Roy raised an eyebrow.

"Since when were you interested in flame alchemy?" He questioned curiously.

"I dunno. Whenever I saw you use you're alchemy on the Promised Day....I thought it looked really cool...." He slowly explained, his cheeks going pink. Roy felt a small smile tug at his lips, and he resisted every urge to pull the blonde into a hug.

"Well, well, you mean to say you actually do admire me? I'm in shock Fullmetal." He teased, smirking slightly. Ed's face heated up even more.

"Sh-Shut up, idiot!" He exclaimed, looking at him. Roy chuckled again, and ruffled his hair.

"Anyways, lunch is ready, let's go eat." He offered, standing up, and giving Ed and hand. The blonde scoffed and smacked it away, before standing up on his own.

"So much for finishing that book before lunch." He sighed as they walked. Roy chuckled again.

"I'm sure you'll have more opportunities Ed."

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you guys next chapter!