Longer

He had to hold on. Ed had to hold on a little bit longer for him. The man sat in a chair next to the hospital bed, gripping Ed's hand tightly. He gently brushed some of the blonde's golden bangs from his face, and then gently cupped his cheek. "Please Ed, I've seen you handle way worse then this. I've watched you fight the homunculi, go on dangerous missions, and you can back, alive. That's why....you have to hang on. Just a little longer okay? Please, for me...?" Roy asked weakly, holding his hand close.

It was nearing the two month deadline, and Roy and Al were nervous. When Roy first brought Ed to the hospital, he called Al right away, and together with Winry, they made their way to Central. Currently, the two sat outside, giving Roy some time alone with Ed.

The Brigadier General was thankful for it. Ed's fever had gone down slightly. However, a dreadful thought hung over Roy. The sleeping blonde only had five days. It wasn't even a full week. Just five days? Roy was determined to tell Ed how he felt, but he doubted it.

'What's the point in telling him, if I'm just going to lose him.....?' Was his reasoning. However, Al had said to him that he should stop moping around, and tell him the next time Ed wakes up.

"Mm....Roy...?" The blonde asked slowly, turning to look at him. Roy tensed a bit, but relaxed, giving the blonde a small smile.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked. Ed weakly shrugged.

"I dunno honestly...." He sighed. Roy nodded.

"Ed, I need to tell you something really important okay?" He asked.

"Okay..." Ed replied softly. Roy looked at him with a soft gaze.

"Listen, Ed, I......." Oh great, he was having trouble saying it again. Edward just raised an eyebrow.

"Hm....?"

"If you die, I'll find you in the after life, and I will personally burn you to a crisp." Roy said. He inwardly face palmed. 'That's the most stupidest thing I've ever said to some-' His thoughts were cut off as Ed laughed.

"Aren't those my words old man?" He asked. Roy rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." He grumbled, making Ed laugh even more. He suddenly began coughing, and Roy was alarmed by it.

"Ed!" He exclaimed.

"I'm f-fine..." He mumbled, wheezing slightly. Roy frowned.

'Oh Ed....'