chapter eighteen

I walked back from the steamy shower, i had gotten my job back at the tavern,and was able to get a apartment, it had been a month since i gave birth. The twins were with Stacy tonight, i was going on a date i had promised Taylor, my coworker, we had caught up with each other when i went back to work. Christian has the kids on the weekends since those are the days he has off. This last weekend he said he was busy so i had the twins. It was Friday night and i was kinda happy for once. I pulled on my black dress and matching heels, i dried my hair and put on some makeup. I looked pretty good. A second later the door knocked, i walked out to the door and opened it. "Hey " i said. He smiled and gave me flowers the were behind his back. I smiled "thank you, tay" i said. "Come in all put these in a vase, sorry about the mess, kids are messy" i laughed. He nodded as i put them in a vase with water.

We were at a nice sushi restaurant laughing away when i got a call. "Excuse me i got to take this " i said. He nodded as i went outside and Anwsered. "Hello?" i asked. "Hello carly, its. Bryson, i haven't heard from Christian and he hasn't come into work for the past week ,would you mind checking on him?" my heart stopped ''thats not like him" i said worried "thats why i called you do you think you could" he asked. "Ya ill head over right know" i said. I rushed into the restaurant "hey i got to gi, im extremely sorry, its family stuff" i said i put twenty on the table "im sorry again " i said. He nodded and shouted back "its fine". I raced to Christians house, i finally threw my shoes to the side so i could run faster. It was ten minutes away, my throat started to hurt as well as my feet but i kept running. I finally reached his door. I knocked on It there wasnt a anwser and the door opened. I walked in "Christian " i called there wasnt a anwser. I walked into ou-his room. It was a mess and the place smelled like alcohol. I walked into his bathroom. He laid on the bathroom floor on the fetal position. He cradled a bottle of jack Daniels. He had a not a five o'clock shadow but a ten o'clock shadow. I walked in and laid a hand on his arm "Christian are you ok" i asked. He flinched at my touch "no im not ok" he said his voice barely nothing. I sat down and pulled his head to me, and laid him on my lap. I took the daniels away and placed it to the side. "What can i do" i asked. He shook his head "you dont want me, theres nothing you can do" he said. I shook my head, tears coming down. I didn't stop them. "I love you Christian " i sobbed. He shook his head "no you dont, you gave up, i knew you had at the hospital, everytime i touched you, you flinched away as if my touch was fire" he said. I shook, and.hugged him tighter pulling him closer "don't just dont" i said. He looked up at me, and took in my appearance. "You were on a date?" he said. I nodded "your dad called i left immediately for you " he smirked "you were on a date and now you here with me" he smirked,I nodded. "Do you want to be here with me or with him" he said 'him' like it was bile in his mouth. I shook my head "i want you" i said speaking the truth. He nodded and wrapped his arms.around my waist his head in my lap. "I won" he said. I rolled my eyes, holding back the speech of im not a prise to be one and just enjoyed the feeling of his arms around me. He kissed my belly "you stink take a shower, ill clean up" i said. He nodded and got up.stripping in front of me. I bit my lip looking him over. He smirked and bent down and kissed me, it was full of longing and lust. I shuddered at it, as he deepened it forcing his tongue in my mouth, bringing the bitter taste of alcohol. My hands came up to frame his cheeks and pull him into the kiss more. He pulled away "you sure you dont want to join me" he asked. I shook my head, and got up. I kissed his cheek, "i better call Stacy and see if she needs.me to pick up the twins" i said. He nodded and pecked.me on the lips again "join me if you finish early " he said. Turning away and getting in. I turned on the lights around the house and got to cleaning.

By the time i was done i had changed into one of Christian's sweats and t-shirts,most the alcohol smell was out, the clothes were picked up and fridge was cleaned out. I dumped out most the alcohol, and i dialed Stacy's number. "Hey hun watcha need?" she asked. I smiled "um well im staying at Christian's tonight do i need to come get the kids " i asked. "No hun you stay there ill bring them buy tomorrow morning " she said mischief filling her voice. I rolled my eyes "thanks alot" i said taking a rag and wiping the counters. She laughed "anytime hun" she said, i could practically see her wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed "Bye" i said and she repeated it back to me. I hung up the phone and continued drying it off. I left the beer im the fridge but took one for myself. I took a swig and made a pot of coffee for Christian, he is gonna need it. He came out a minute later, with just sweat pants on, and his face freshly shaved. I starred at his chest and stomach, he still had his nice body. He came around the island, "thank you baby, for everything " he said wrapping his arms around me. I leaned back against him "i made fresh coffee "i said. He moved and kissed my cheek. I turned around and leaned against the island. He poured coffee into a coffee cup and came next to me. He put it on the island, he leaned against me and wrapped his arms around me. I breathed in his scent, it wasnt smothered in alcohol anymore, but fresh cologne smell, that i loved. "Stacy will bring the twins by in the morning " i said. He nodded "good i missed them like crazy... I missed you like crazy " he said. I smiled back at him "i missed you to" i said, he picked me up and i wrapped my legs around him. "You look amazing, not that you didn't before, but you look happy and refreshed" he said "and even better in my clothes " he said. I smiled "i look tired and,you dont look that bad yourself" i said. He laughed "even better now that your here " he laughed. "Lets go to bed" he said. I nodded and turned all the lights off following him to bed. "We need to talk tomorrow " i said. He nodded "lets just sleep first " i nodded in agreement.