Chapter 22: Tragedy

Meghan's POV

"Is he... still alive?" Ravi says.

"Oh my god." A tear escapes my eye. I look down, only to find Nick his body lifeless. "Why is this happening?"

"I'm really sorry guys." Huahwi sighs. "It was better for you to see this yourselves."

"It's okay... I understand." I sob into Ravi's shoulder. It's a hard time, losing your boy- and best friend on the same day. We were about to have so much fun! This journey went downhill really fast.

"Wait a second..." Huahwi says. "I can still hear his heartbeat."

"R-really?" I say between sobs.

"There are ambulances leaving for the hospital now, let's bring Nick there." Ravi says, looking outside.

I nod and Huahwi brings him outside. I see Nick being brought into an ambulance, to hopefully be better soon. There is still hope.

"Guys." Ravi and I turn around to see who said it. It turns out to be the doctor from earlier. His name is Jason, right? "I have to ask you once again to leave the plane."

"Sure. Where do we go then?" Ravi asks. "I heard something about Sydney airport?"

"Yes indeed. You'll be brought there by my colleagues." Jason says.

"Okay. Thanks."

Ravi and I walk outside, to a minibus which should bring us to the airport. We sit down in the bus, when Huahwi comes to join us.

"I gave them all the needed information, Nick has a chance of surviving." Huahwi sits down next to Ravi and I. "He's fighting for his life."

We're all speechless and know nothing better to do than just sigh and look out the window.

"So..." Ravi breaks the silence as the bus just began to ride to the airport.

"Yeah.." Is all I could say.

"We need to move on and stay strong. We can't be bothered by this all too much, let's make a plan."

"I agree." I'm finally able to speak properly again. "First, we need to go to the airport and cancel our connecting flight."

"Yes." Huahwi nods. "After that, we can head to the hospital."

"Yup. As long as we stay together." Ravi says. "Don't forget we have to pick up that bit-, eh, Lia."

"Mhm. Lia." I chuckle slightly. I grab my phone to let the Cube members know how we're doing.

Meg: Nick has been found and brought to the hospital.

Bee: He'll be fine don't worry <3

Bee: Mitchell and I are half an hour away from the Sydney airport.

Meg: Okay, I'll see you soon!

Kiing: Be careful!

Grapey: I'm flying over there now, be there in about 20 hours or so.

Meg: Wait what?!

Grapey: I was planning on coming anyways, I had my tickets booked.

Meg: Awesome! Cya :)

We arrive at the airport, where we immediately head inside. We walk, run rather, to the gate of our connecting flight. Although we aren't going to fly to Melbourne anymore.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman behind the desk asks us.

"We'd like to cancel our flights. Our plane crashed and our friends are in the hospital over here." I explain. "Can you please help us? We can't leave without them!"

"No problem." The woman says kindly. "I'll do the paperwork, go to your friends."

"Thanks a lot!"

Ravi and I run away, heading to the hospital which is just outside the airport. According to a map. Huahwi stays with the woman to give our information.

Ravi and I run as fast as we can, but then..

We stop. We look at eachother.

"Fuck." Ravi says.

"Hide." I quickly whisper. "Quick."