Getting to know the Dragon

The dragon chuckled at my question. "Everyone has a name, but my true name you cannot pronounce in your tongue." said the Dragon. "So what do I get to call you then? I don't want to call you Dragon all the time. Surely that will get annoying for the both of us." I said. The dragon rose up and seemed to think about the problem for a few minutes. I sat and watched him. I was still unsure about trusting him. He was a dragon. Didn't dragons eat people or something like that? The dragon then looked at me. "I can see your point and you are correct. That would most certainly get annoying. You may call me Darius." said the dragon. I giggled a bit. Darius seemed like a fun name and not what I was expecting to hear from the dragon.  "Why Darius?"I asked. "Darius was a king a long time ago in a place far from here. I have always like the name myself. Does this amuse you?" asked Darius. "Kind of. It certainly was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of a strong name.... like uh... Golden shadow or something." I said. "Golden shadow? Why would I be called that?" asked Darius. "Well from what I can see in this dark cave, you look like a Golden shadow to me."I said. Darius's eyes were a golden yellow. His voice was deep and sounded like a thunder bolt. I guess it was because of his eyes that I thought his name was "Golden shadow."
                 The dragon nodded in what I thought was either understanding or agreement. I couldn't really tell.  "What is your name then little one?" asked Darius. I smiled involuntarily, the dragon had called me "little one" but then I guess everyone was a "little one" to a dragon as big as Darius is. "My name is Marie" I said proudly. "That is a pretty name. Unusual." said Darius.  I nod. "Yeah. Just like Darius is an unusual name too." I said. Darius seemed to smile at me. He didn't make a move towards me. Maybe it was because he could sense that I was still nervous about him. "You are proud of your name, I am proud of mine." said Darius. I nod then I shook my head to myself. I just had to ask. "You don't uh..... eat... people do you?" I asked. The dragon laughed for a few minutes and then finally answered me. "Oh please yuck." said Darius. "So what happens when you face those who would want to kill you?" I asked really curious about it. 
"I merely chew in self defense, but I never shallow." said Darius with a sly looking smile. I immediately regretted asking. "Ohh.... well then uh..... What do you eat?" I asked. "Animals that are left unattended." said Darius "Oh. Well that is good I guess." I said standing back up and walking towards the falls. "Where are you going?" asked Darius. "To see what is left of my home. Those soldiers must be gone by now. Maybe I can find some of my old stuff." I said. "What if they are not gone?" asked Darius. "I can keep out of their sight. They are stupid anyway." I said. "I think I will accompany you." said Darius. I look at him and could tell that there was no way he was going to be persuaded to stay behind. Darius the dragon was going to accompany me to my old home.

********I bet you guys are wondering what he looks like now. Well read the next part to find out. That will be posted soon if this part goes well. Comment and show support please! Thanks!*******