Angry Villagers

I stopped for a moment letting the rain wash over me, then I started to move and I went quietly into the village. The villagers who were carrying stuff were running trying to get out of the rain. I looked around trying to find the chief's hut, but all of the buildings looked the same. "Excuse me? Can I help you?" asked a young man. I turned and looked at him. He was tall and had dark brown hair, blue eyes and had a small scar across his cheek. "I am looking for the chief of this village. My name is Marie." I said with a small blush after realizing that I had been staring at him. "The name is Ben. I am the chief son. Follow me and I will take you to him." said Ben.
       I followed Ben up a hill to a lone cabin that looked over the village. A small garden full of roses and all sorts of other flowers grew beside it on the side. Ben opened the door to the cabin and motioned for me to go on in, I nod and quickly dart past him, not wanting to keep him out in the rain any longer than needed. "Pa! You have a visitor!" Shouted Ben as he walked past me. "Alright! I will be out in a moment!" came a gruff response. I looked around the cabin for a moment. On the far wall there were a few dead rabbit pelts hanging to dry next to an open fire spit. The fire was far enough away from the wall that it wouldn't endanger anything, yet close enough to dry the pelts. 
        "Now who is this?" Demanded the chief coming out from a room. The chief had a pot belly, big slumped shoulders, grey wavy hair and brown eyes. I turned and lowered my head slightly in respect. "My name is Marie sir. I wanted to speak with you about the king and your village." I said. The chief spit at my feet. "We want nothing to do with that brat of a king." said the chief. "What if he wasn't king for much longer?" I asked backing away from the spit on the ground. "Oh really? I suppose you know how to beat an entire kings army then." said the chief. "Uh.. would a dragon help?" I asked suddenly not so sure of myself. The chief busted out laughing, making me feel a little bad. "That king had all of the dragons killed. If there were any dragons, then yes. A dragon would help." said the chief. "Not all of the dragons sir. I happen to know one. His name is Darius and he saved my life." I said after a moment of silence. I had to convince myself that this was still a good idea.
           The chief looked at me in shock and awe. "Are you serious girl? You know a dragon?' asked the chief. Ben looked at me in admiration. At least I think he was, in actuality, he was just staring at me. "Yes sir. He and I have come to you, to ask for your help. If we can rally enough of the villages, then come here for some training, then perhaps we can overthrow the king." I said. The chief looked at Ben for a moment. "That king took Ben's mother. We haven't seen her for a long time now. If there is a slight chance that we will get to see her again, then we will take it. You and your dragon are welcome here." said the chief. "Does everyone here have a similar story sir?" I asked. The chief looked down sadly. "Yes. Everyone here has lost someone to the king. Is it the same with you?" asked the chief. "Yes sir. He had his men kill my entire village. My family was among them. If it weren't for Darius, then I wouldn't be here either." I said. " You can stay here for the night. Ben will show you to the guest room. Tomorrow, I would like to meet this dragon of yours. Darius is his name correct?" asked the chief. "Yes sir. That is his name." I said.  The chief nodded and turned back to the room he came out of. " Get some rest, we will be waking up at dawn." said the chief as he went back to his room.
             I opened my mouth to respond, but Ben shook his head and pointed to a room to the left of the fire. " The guest room is over there.  Pa told me that he was afraid the king would kill my mother. He took her because she was the prettiest one here. " said Ben. " So you don't know if she is alive or not?" I asked heading towards the room as Ben followed. " No. There is a chance she may be alive, or there is a chance she is gone. I am sorry about your village and family." said Ben stopping at the door. " So am I. I will get my revenge though. You can too, for your mom of course." I said. Ben chuckled sadly. "I would rather meet the dragon before getting my hopes up to far. I will see you tomorrow. " said Ben closing the door leaving me alone with my thoughts.

       Author's note: Hey guys. I do apologize for the extremely long wait. I am trying to save money to buy me a new laptop, but that is hard when you have no job. I made this chapter really long to make up for it. Hopefully that works. If it doesn't well then take it up with Darius. Let me know what you guys think. What do you think of Ben? What should I do with his mother? Decisions decisions. It may be a while for an update, or I could just steal my mom's computer more often..... We shall see. Comment below please! Your words do help! Thank for reading! 
P. s. : We are number three in the DragonHeart ratings! WOOOOOOOO!