Going Home

I thought about asking Darius to remain behind just in case there were survivors in my village, they would be terrified if they saw Darius walk into the village with me. Then I remembered that the so called knights were shooting everyone who tried to flee the fires of their homes. My village people were smart and could have hid, but they would have had to survive the heat of the fires and the knights. I guess the only way to find out was to go look. I turned away from Darius and I went to the exit of the cave, which was behind a waterfall, the water felt good as I passed through it. I went a few feet and turned and watched Darius leave the cave as well. Darius was bigger than I thought. He was as big as an oak tree, maybe a bit taller, his skin was a dark golden color and he had horns on the top of his head and down his back. He also had a set of wings pressed up against his side and as he left the water, he opened them up for a brief moment as if he were stretching them out and they were huge.
              I remained silent as I watched Darius. He, in my opinion, was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Truth be told he was the first dragon I had ever seen but oh well. Darius looked at me. "Shall we go now? You will have to lead the way. Unless you want to fly." said Darius. I shook my head very quickly. "No thanks, I will walk." I said turning towards the trees. I am very good at tracking, so I figured I would just retrace my steps from the previous night. Finding the area where I fell was easy. There was a dark red, almost brown blood stain on the ground. I must have lost a lot of blood. Finding where I left the forest, also easy, but following that trail was a bit more difficult. Darius was to big to follow me through the trees, so he followed me from the air. I guess his eyesight was really good if he could follow me through the forest. It seemed like forever since I had been home and when I broke through the trees to the clearing going into my village, I froze. Black smoke still rose from the burning ashes and what was left of the buildings of my village and the smell made me sick to my stomach.  I heard Darius land in the clearing beside me but I didn't look at him. I was shocked to see that there was absolutely nothing left, except ruins of my village. How could a king do this to his own people. What did we do to deserve this... I didn't know, but I was going to find out.

***************Sorry it took so long, I got sidetracked by other stuff. Hope this makes up for it. If you enjoyed it leave a comment below. Hopefully I will put the next part up soon**************