Chapter 10

I laid in bed for a few more hours until sunlight hit my face through the window. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw my I had some darkness under my eyes I half expected it because of my lack of sleep last night. I washed my face with cold water, brushed my hair and teeth, and changed into some clean clothes. Im trying to have a sense of feeling normal again. I put on a black tshirt and some athletic running shorts whenI go to my door to leave and I see a piece of paper on the ground. "Oh yeah the rules" I thought to myself.

Good morning sunshine, I hope that you slept well. I also hope that your hands are feeling better this morning. I left some fresh band aids in the hallway bathroom for you. Here is a list of chores for you to do today.
- clean the kitchen (dishes, trash, etc)
- pick up your room
- clean the living room
- take out all trash in the house
- be dressed nicely by 5:00 we are going out to eat
Remember to have these all done before I get home or there will be a punishment. Have a nice day. Sincerely, Ashton

I can't believe he was serious about this. Its like he kidnapped me to be his maid? He has enough money he could hire 100 maids if he wanted to. This is insane. I was kidnapped to clean a house.
I went downstairs and looked at the clock in the kitchen it was 7:34 I looked around and the place was still a mess from last night. All the food was left out and the dishes not even put in the sink. So I figured I might as well get started.
The kitchen didn't take too long to clean but I did struggle a little trying to find where all the dishes went due to the size of this enormous kitchen. Also when I took the trash out I was terrified to go outside because of all the warnings he gave me about not trying to leave. So I just sat the trash next to the door.
After an hour or two I had all of the chores mostly done except for the trash there were just a few bags sitting next to the front door. I knew I had to take them out no matter how scared I was. And I know I sound crazy being scared to take the garbage out.
So I pick up a bag and open the front door. The feeling of fresh air on my skin and the sun hitting my face it felt nice and it felt normal. I walkout and looked around and I saw that the house was surrounded by a huge fence. The fence was concrete for a few feet up and then had black metal surrounding the top for a few more feet. I could see the tops of trees and I could hear birds chirping sweet songs. But I didn't hear any cars. As I thought about this I realized we must be somewhere up in the mountains.
I decide to climb up the fence to see if I could get a better view. I drop the trash on the lawn and run over to fence and try to climb up but the wall is a foot taller than I am. Not taking defeat I decided to walk the perimeter and see if there is another way. I quickly see that there is a spot in the fence that is just like a normal gate in front of the garage. I look out in between the bars and see a long gravel road in front of the house that is covered by trees on both sides. It almost looks like a tunnel. 

The thought crosses my mind that I could run. Right now. No one is here to stop me. Where would I go? I have no idea where I am. There is no use in trying to escape at least not right now anyway.
Eventually I find a dumpster on the other side of the house and make a few trips to get all the garbage taken out.

When I finally get back inside I take a shower and put on some casual clothes on to relax for a little bit. I go downstairs and watch tv for a while. I feel like some part of me is okay with this and it sickens me. Like this is a gorgeous house and I have beautiful things here. I hate that a part of me likes it.
~
~
~
A/N - Thank you guys so much for liking my story! I love you guys! This chapter isn't very interesting but you get a little more incite to the setting and Belles thoughts.