Chapter Twenty Seven

Banner by AriaGreyson Thank you so much!

Send me if your banner creations if you want to! And I'll give you a mention (:

Top Commenters:
Caleb-lock-hart
twister6951
bnoka_
whitewolf67549

Word Count: 1361

~Kaden

My knees are numb under me. I've been in this position for a good fifteen minutes now. My hands behind my back, my head bowed as I kneel in front of him.

I don't move. I could take him down in one hit. But I won't.

Coen strolls casually across the room, a long whip curled in his hand. The smirk on his face is burnt in my mind, as he crouched in front of me.

"Mother always liked you the most," he says, grabbing underneath my jaw to lift my head up. I stare into his cold eyes, embracing his words.

"Don't know why," he muttered. His fingers dug sharply into my jaw bone, but I wouldn't cringe. I won't even pull away. Giving him that satisfaction is not an option.

Instead, I use my eyes. Glaring deeply into his own, I express my utter hatred with just one glare. He doesn't address it though. Instead, he twisted my head around, observing my entire face.

"And you always got the girls," he mutters. He lets me go, letting me move my mouth to readjust my jaw. He's right...

That's why he orders me to kidnap girls from the Purity Pack. For his own amusement.

Because no one else will have him.

He turns away, wandering back around the room. He doesn't need to have tied me down, for me to remain in this position. The weight of his unsaid threats are enough to still me from swinging my fist at his face.

"Your mate is gorgeous," he says into the air.

My hands clench into fists behind me.

"It's a shame you had to interrupt us," he continues. I hate this. The fact that he thinks Mara is interested in him truly makes me want to vomit. She's doing this for me, and as much as I want to tell him that, I can't.

"I'm sure she would have enjoyed what I had planned."

I surge forward, a foot stirring underneath me. Coen twists, presenting the whip in his flat palms as a threat. I settle back down again, from where I was about to stand.

"Dear brother. You have over stepped your place here, and I'm afraid I have to take action on this," Coen announces, as if he is presenting to a large crowd.

My gaze settles on the whip. The scars on my back are proof this isn't the first time I've endured Coen's sadistic form of punishment. I shall sit here and fight my way through it. For my mate. For Mara.

"A lashing for every thrust I was planning to make into your little mate..."

My teeth clench together painfully. I curse repeatedly in my head, but don't dare move a muscle.

"The day I find my parents Coen, will be the day you die," I mutter under my breath.

💚••💚

~Mara

I run my thumb gently across Kaden's face, where his tears once fell, as he fills me in on what he just endured. His wounds have been treated, and dressed to the best of Kace and I's ability.