[ father and daughter ]

"No! Absolutely not! In your dreams, Lee Chae Lin!" My mother exclaimed as soon as I announced to both of my parents about my decision to apply for Sejong University. "I mean, who'll do your washing? You'll never eat. It's ridiculous."

"They have food in Seoul, mum - and I'm guessing washing machines," I replied trying to convince her as much as I can.

"It's so far away," my mother said still not convinced. "We didn't migrate to the U.S. for nothing. Talk to her, Sungmin!"

***

As both my father and I walked to his workplace, I tried my best to convince my father and assure him that I'll be fine in Seoul - with Joshua there with me, he'll definitely look out for me. What's the worst that can happen? Other than my 18th birthday party of course.

***

"Did you ever wanted more, dad?" I asked my father as he took out his vest from his locker.

"Did you know what your grandfather's favourite phrase was?" My father asked me back and I shook my head. "Not for the likes of us."

As my father continued to talk, I consciously take in all the words that he said.

"When I first heard your plan, those words were the first thing that popped into my head." My father then took his coat and puts it on. "I don't want the same voice in your head - ever."

"Let me help you," I said to him and immediately helped him button his coat. When he was done, I took a loud sigh before telling him my dream. "I want my own hotel one day. Is it crazy to think like that?"

My father sighs with a smile on his face. "I've been winging it with you for 18 years pretending I was the one in charge. You're amazing Lilia, there's nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it."

"But if I go to Seoul, mum will never speak to me again," I mumbled clear enough for him to hear as I gently rested my head on the lockers.

"Well, if you don't go, I won't," my father replied and gently closed his locker. "The choice is yours."

I smiled at my father's words knowing that he has officially agreed to let me go to Seoul with Joshua. I mentally danced in my head to celebrate.

"Sungmin!" My father's boss called out to him and gave a sign that he was slightly late and walked off.

My father sighs and walked out - only to stop and lean into me. "Do me a favour and take the pricks job," he whispered to me - making me give a light kiss on his cheek and hugged him tight.

***

As I watched my father began to carry some of the hotel guests bags into the hotel, I was determined to go to Seoul, graduate with honours and do justice for my father - and fulfil my dreams, of course.

But, there was way more than just Sejong University in my mind.

Miju : Yay~ Two chapters in one day ~ ! If you're wondering, the couple in the picture is actually supposed to Lilia's parents [ just imagine them a little bit older ~ ]. That girl in the pic is actually Sungmin's wife ~

I wanted Sungmin to be in this story because he was my first ever bias in k-pop because the first k-pop group that I actually liked is Super Junior and I still love them <3 And your characters full name is Lilia Lee Chae Lin, I had to use the 'C' because of Chan <3 So basically in this story, Chan's name is Dino Lee Chan x'D it's cute tbh xD And coincidentally Sungmin's family name is also 'Lee' ~~ xD

Anyways, my I'm not sure if any of you reading this likes BTS, but one of my squad members [ lol, squad x'D ] recently made a Wattpad account and is currently writing a story about BTS' V & Jimin ~ You should go check it out. It's titled 'Who are you, really?' [emuleaf ] <3