[ hiccups ]

Staying home, was the only thing I could possibly do with a huge round stomach that doesn't even contain MY fat.

Laying on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn resting on my stomach and a phone in my hand texting Joshua, my mother was ironing clothes and Dino was watching a ghost movie with Rocky.

Rocky is one of Dino's good friends and they wanted to spend some time together since Rocky since Rocky is going to move away soon. But, to where I don't know.

"Who are you texting?" My mother asked as she heard the notifications coming in my phone.

"Joshua," I replied with popcorn stuffed in my mouth.

"Have you told him?"

"I'm telling him that I can't make it," I replied.

"All these feelings is gonna catch up with you soon, darling," my mother said feeling unsatisfied with my answer.

She was probably talking about the baby.

"That thing literally burst out of him," Rocky said out of the blue with his eyes stuck on the television.

Dino looked at me and said: "That might happen to you."

Soon, Rocky began telling Dino about what could possibly happen - scaring Dino and the two began hitting each other.

"Stop it, the pair of you!" My mother scolded them. "Pregnancy is a sacred thing."

"It can't hear us," Dino whined.

"Yes, it can," my mother protested. "And don't refer to it as it."

"It's a girl if you must know," I interrupted the two - giving my mum a slight surprise.

"You found out."

"I asked during the last scan,"  I replied still eating popcorn.

My mother approached me with excitement and pushed my hair back. "Any ideas for her name?"

"Oh, no," I replied. "I'm going to let the new parents decide."

"Give us a peak," Dino insisted.

"Hey! A woman's body doesn't become public property just because she's pregnant," my mother emphasised the word property.

I put down the popcorn in between my tights and said: "Be my guest."

As I opened up shirt - only to reveal my stomach, all three of them gathered and observed my stomach. 

With the three of them observing my stomach, I did the same. I was trying to think of something, but my thoughts were distracted by my stomach...

"Oh my god," Dino said the words one by one with a short pause in between.

"Awww, the little one's got hiccups," my mother said in a high pitched voice.

The three of them looked at my stomach and I immediately closed it - feeling uncomfortable. "That's enough."

As they all went back to do their own stuff, I grabbed my popcorn bowl and placed it on my stomach; only to put at the side because I was scared that it might hurt the baby. 

***

Sitting alone in my room, I rubbed my stomach gently and began talking to myself - well, more like the baby.

"Baby, can you hear me?" I whispered to my stomach. "Try holding your breath, like this," I continued and held my breath.

After a few seconds, I let go my breath and smiled widely. "There you go, Yebin-ah," I mumbled with a smile and it immediately changed.

I should not have named the baby. No, no, no. "That's probably not going to be your name - okay?"

Miju : I don't why I decided to go with Yebin tbh xD but I think it'll be a good idea to use Yebin :) and how cute is Dino and Vernon in the pic xD