Two

There are some benefits to being homeschooled. Like waking up and starting school whenever you want. However, Toriel makes sure I start my school work at eight o'clock sharp. What a drag.

I groaned as I rolled out of bed. Another sleepless night. I'm surprised I haven't died of exhaustion. I'm worn to the bone. I chuckled, shaking my head at the joke I made. Sans has rubbed off on me a little too much.

I stumbled to the bedroom door. After slowly easing the door open, I looked into the hallway. No one was there. Toriel must still be asleep. I made my way into the bathroom, hand brushing against the wall to locate the light switch. After three attempts, I was finally successful. The lights flicked on. I turned and looked into the mirror. For a split second, glowing red eyes stared back at me. I jumped, blinking rapidly.

What was that? I thought, a bit perturbed. I quickly dismissed the little scene and turned the water facet on. After splashing water on my face and drying it, I looked into the mirror once more. Tired blue eyes greeted me, dark circles shadowing my face. I've seen better days. I sighed and took out my makeup bag from under the cabinet sink. Undyne had showed me how to properly apply concealer and the sorts. Which surprised me, considering this was Undyne I'm talking about here.

Who knew the head of Agore's secret service, as they're now calling it, knows how to do perfectly winged eyeliner?

I was almost done "putting on my face" when I heard a knock at the door. I quickly finished and put my makeup away. I opened the bathroom door to come face to face with Asgore.

"Howdy, Frisk." He smiled warmly at me.

"Good morning!" I signed back.

"Toriel is waiting for you downstairs with breakfast."

I nodded then headed out of the bathroom. The aroma of bacon and coffee floated up the stairs. I made my way down into the kitchen to see Toriel making eggs and bacon. She glanced up and saw me standing in the doorway.

"Good morning, my child! I have your coffee ready for you. Just the way you like it. It's in the dining room on the table."

I signed thank you to her before making my way to the dining table. Just as she said, a mug of steaming coffee was waiting for me. I picked it up then sat down at the table as I took a sip from the mug. A little coffee with my creamer. Perfect!

I sat at the table nursing my coffee while waiting for Toriel to be finished with breakfast. I glanced at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room. Seven seventeen am. The skeleton brothers should be here soon. They have breakfast with us every Friday morning without fail.

Just as Toriel came in with a giant plate of eggs and bacon, the bell rang. I stood up.

"I'll get it." I signed to Toriel.

I exited the dining room and went through the living room to get to the front door. When I got to the door, I paused, hand hovering over the door knob. Why am I hesitating? I shook my head then opened the door. Sans's ever smiling face greeted mine. Papyrus was behind him. There was a container in his hands. Spaghetti, presumably.

"HUMAN," Papyrus greeted me. "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS AM HERE. I HAVE ALSO BROUGHT SPAGHETTI."

I smiled at Papyrus. Then the dream flashed back into my mind for a moment. My smile faltered for a second, but Papyrus didn't seem to notice. Sans said nothing.

"SANS, DON'T BE RUDE. SAY HELLO TO THE HUMAN."

Sans looked at me for a moment.

"sup, kiddo." His eye sockets stared back at me ominously.

"Good to see you," I signed. "Come on in!"

I backed out of the doorway to let the two skeletons through. As Sans passed me, I glanced at him. He caught me looking and I swiftly turned the other way. I felt heat creep into my cheeks. Stared a bit too long.

I followed the brothers into the dining room. Toriel was almost done setting the table. She looked up as we entered.

"Ah. Sans, Papyrus. Good morning! Papyrus, you can put the spaghetti next to the pitcher of orange juice. Asgore should be joining us shortly."

"ice to see you too, tori." Sans chuckled at his pun.

"REALLY SANS?" Papyrus groaned. "YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T SAY ANY PUNS TODAY."

This was met with a shrug and a wink.

"whoopsie. i froggit."

"SANS!"

"alright, alright." Sans grinned.

"Howdy, everyone." A deep voice said from behind.

"ASGORE!" Papyrus said happily. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?"

Asgore laughed.

"I had to finish up some paperwork."

"AH. I SEE. WELL, YOU ARE JUST IN TIME TO HAVE SOME OF MY DELICIOUS SPAGHETTI. WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED EATING YET."

"All right everyone," Toriel sat down at the table. "Sit down and eat!"

The rest of us sat down and began to fill our plates with food. I made sure to get at least one helping of Papyrus' spaghetti as to not disappoint him. The room was filled with lively conversation. I choose not to partake though. I just wanted to finish my food and leave. When I was done, I stood up and grabbed my plate. I looked over to Sans to see him staring at me. I looked away.

"I'll be starting school now," I signed to everyone.

"Oh, alright, Frisk." Toriel looked a bit disappointed that I was leaving so soon.

I left the dining room and brought my plate to the sink. After putting my dishes into the dishwasher, I headed upstairs to my study.

I know it was rude of me not to talk to any of them... I don't know why I didn't. Maybe that nightmare is still getting to me... I thought with a sigh.

I entered the study only to find Sans sitting at my desk.