Eight

I had only gotten around two hours of sleep from when I "napped" so it was still light out. And I was once again bored.

The rest of the day went uneventful. Save for when Sans popped in to get my signature on something for the meeting he attended in my place. Hate to say it, but I'm getting used to his sudden appearances. That skeleton better be careful on when he decides to show, otherwise I'll be popping him.

I dreaded going to bed. Sleeping meant facing Chara again. I don't know if I could pull that off all night. I'd have to stay vigilant in not letting her hit me. For reasons I don't know, the wounds I'm receiving in that void are also appearing on my body in this world. I can't let anybody find out what's happening. They don't need to worry about me any more than they already do. I sighed, staring at the ceiling. Don't fall asleep... Don't fall asleep... Don't fall... I chanted this mantra inside my head. I wanted to help Chara, but I still had to think of the others. I was DETERMINED to stay awake. However, the human body has its limits. Especially if said human body hasn't been getting good sleep in the first place. Before I knew it, my eyelids were drooping. I struggled to keep them open, but failed.

I opened my eyes to the darkness, alert. Where is she? I thought. My soul appeared in front of me.

"Behind you," A voice whispered menacingly.

Pain enveloped the right side of my body. I grimaced. Chara chuckled. Then I jerked my back forcefully. The back of my head made connection with Chara's skull. I heard a grunt and a thud followed. I turned around, clutching my side. My side burned and I now had an ear-splitting headache. Chara's form lay on the ground.

"Bet you weren't expecting that," I spat.

Tonight's fight hadn't lasted long. Barely a minute. But at a cost. I needed to wake up, or I would bleed out. How do I wake up though? Last time, it was Toriel who pulled me out of the void. I noticed that my soul was still there. An idea struck me. I willed the buttons to appear and they did. I hit the MERCY button and then hit the *Flee button.

I woke up with a gasp of pain and sat up. That worked? Whatever. Now I know what to do for future fights. I clutched my side and glanced at the alarm clock on my bedside table. It was around four am. I took off my sweatshirt and undershirt. The moonlight filtering into my bedroom was enough for me to get a decent look at my wound. It wasn't deep enough to be fatal if treated properly. I then remembered the slice of pie I hadn't finished yet. It was still sitting on my desk, half eaten. With great effort, I made my way over to the pie and took a few bites out of it. The familiar taste of butterscotch and cinnamon filled me with DETERMINATION. My HP was maxed out and my wound stopped bleeding. It didn't close completely though. I looked back to my bed. There was blood on the top sheet. I also had another ruined sweater. I pulled my phone out from my pocket and opened Dimension A, which was where the first blood stained sweater was stored. Thanks for adding so many useful features to my phone, Alphys, I thought. I put the bed sheet, undershirt, and sweater in Dimension A.

My wound throbbed dully. I needed to clean and bandage it so it wouldn't get infected. I crept out into the hallway and dashed into the bathroom, locking it behind me. After turning the light on, I retrieved the first aid kit from underneath the sink and took out rubbing alcohol. I wrapped some toilet paper around my hand a few times before damping it with the alcohol. This is gonna sting, I thought. I pressed the alcohol soaked toilet paper onto my wound and gritted my teeth. Pain burned through me as the cut was cleaned. Once that was done, I held gauze over the area as I wrapped the bandage around my torso. The toilet paper I had used to clean the wound was blood stained, so I flushed it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. I cleaned up my mess then headed back to my room.

I turned the bedroom light on as to procure another undershirt and sweater. Just as I was about to pull the new sweater over my body, I remembered it was Sunday. Meaning we had church later this morning. I liked to go. It reminded me of the times before I had fallen. Toriel didn't mind. Attending church allowed me to clear my mind and remind me there was something bigger out there. Someone with my best interests at heart. It was around five am now, so I decided to dress for church instead of putting on my usual attire. I put on a simple lilac dress with a cream-colored shawl. That would cover the cut on my right arm. I decided to put on my makeup later. I had a few hours to wait before we left, anyways. Service didn't start until nine fifteen. I stayed in my room, staring at my ceiling for a little while in a daze.

A lot had happened in the last couple of days. Chara was plaguing my dreams with the intent to murder me. I wasn't even sure why the wounds I received in the void/my dreams were appearing in the real world. Was Chara's DETERMINATION powerful enough to exceed different dimensions? But she could only do so much, I suppose. She was without a soul, a body. An idea struck me. Maybe there was a way to give her one...