Chapter 28

"Interesting."
I say sheething my swords without taking my eyes off of the girl. She looks up at me with fearful blue eyes, her blond hair covers half of her face. Her breath comes in rapid gasps as she waits for me to do something.

Her face is quite plain, yet somewhat beautiful. I notice delicately pointed ears which confirm that she is, at least according to her, part elf.

"Who are you?"
I ask in a casual tone. No need to frighten her anymore than she already is. Actually the only thing keeping me from killing her is my curiousity.

"Why should I tell you?"
She's trying to sound brave, that's nice.
"Because I am armed with nine weapons and I will gladly use them all on you if you do not tell me your name."

She tries to find all of my weapons that I carry on me but I know that she won't be able to see all of them.

In addition to my crossbow I have a regular longbow, two swords, my black dagger, two throwing knives, and two more knives hidden in my boots.

I count my hands as lethal weapons as well but I decide to let my enemies find that out for themselves.

The girl reconsiders her original plan to ignore me and finally answers my question.

"My name is Morwen."
"Why were you looking for me?"
"I don't have to answer that."
"Remember what I said would happen if you didn't answer my questions Morwen?"
"You told me that you would gladly use all of your weapons on me if I didn't tell you my name. I told you my name so I don't have to worry about any harm coming to me."

I smirk.
"I like you Morwen, I almost don't want to kill you."
"Would you really kill and unarmed woman?"
Morwen asks arching one of her eyebrows as she begins to get back on her feet.

"I would if she refused to answer my questions."
I redraw one of my swords and point it at her chest. She looks down at it in surprise but doesn't say anything.

"Now if you wouldn't mind Morwen, please tell me why you were looking me?"

"How do I know that you won't kill me after I've told you?"
She asks locking her eyes onto mine.

"Because I am an elf of my word, even if I'm not an honest one."
"You never gave me your word that you would spare me."
"Oh, I guess I didn't."

I lower my sword but keep it in my hand.
"Very well Morwen, if you tell me everything that I want to know I promise that I will not kill you. You have my word."

Morwen thinks about my offer before nodding.
"Alright, what do you want to know?"

"I want to know why you are seeking me, and I would advise you not to lie Miss Morwen or else you can forget that I ever gave you my word."

Morwen sighs amd shakes her head.
"I was seeking you because my master ordered me to."

A shiver runs down my spine yet I don't know what caused it.
"Who is your master? And what does he want with me?"

"I cannot tell you his name for he had forbidden it from being spoken outside of his lands. I can tell you why he sent me to find you."

"Alright, but it better be good or I am going to force his name out of you."
Whenever I threaten someone I keep my voice calm and lighthearted as if I'm having a friendly conversation.

It's more fun for me and terrifying for my victims.
"My master has heard of you and your skill in combat."
Morwen continues with a slight tremble in her voice.

"He would like to offer you a position in-"
"Stop. I am no longer interested."
I turn away from her and sheeth my sword, grinning as I notice the look of disbelief on her face.

"Tell your master that I am not interested in anything he has to offer me. I stand alone and serve no one. He is wasting his time and so are you. Goodbye Miss Morwen."

I leave her behind and wait for the footsteps that are sure to come.

There they are.

"Why do you prefer to live alone? Wouldn't it be so much better for you to work among others? To become part of something greater beyond your imagination?"

"I prefer to live alone because I don't have to deal with annoying women who can't take a hint that I'm not interested. Working with others would mean that there would always be that one person who would contradict everything I said and did. Becoming part of something greater beyond my imagination is beyond my imagination."

I quiken my pace and hope that Morwen gets the hint and leaves but she doesn't. Here we go again...

"You don't understand! This is your chance to become something greater than a lowly thief and murderer. Don't you want to be known across the land as a great warrior? Or strike fear into the hearts of your enemies?"

"If you are trying to inspire me you are doing a poor job Miss Morwen. I enjoy being a lowly thief, I am already known across the land as a great assasin, and I already strike fear into the hearts of my enemies. Your master is offering me things that I already have."

"What about riches? He can make you wealthier than all the kings in Middle Earth!"

"Why would I need wealth when I steal everything that I need to survive? Not to mention that I don't have a permanent place to call home nor do I want one. I am content with the life that I have now if you would be so kind as to leave me in peace I will refrain from gutting you with a knife."

My last statement catches her off guard but I carry on as normal. Hopefully she will give up and return to her master.

"You will not be satisfied with this life forever Amarth."
I freeze in my tracks. Without turning to face her I clench my hands into fists.

"How do you know my name?"
I demand.
"My master told me."
She replies coolly.
I look over my shoulder and see her staring back at me with a calm expression on her face.

"We have been watching you for a long time Amarth."
She continues.
"I know that deep down you are tired of this life you have been leading. You long for change and a way to make something of yourself. If you come with me, you can have all of that. My master can give it to you."

I narrow my eyes at her.
"You know nothing about me."
I growl.
"I don't care who you are or who you master is, if either of you interfere with my life again I swear by Morgoth that I will kill you both."

I turn away from Morwen and pull my hood back over my head. I walk away without a second thought and refuse to reply when she comments, "An elf swearing by Morgoth, now that is unusual for an Avari. I thought that they did not believe in those things?"

I don't, and if you so much show your face to me again I will seperate your head from your shoulders and leave your body for the crows.

I keep walking with my cloak wrapped tightly around me. Like a shadow I vanish into the night.

////

Morwen is not my OC.
She belongs to lady_GreenleafXoX who had the brilliant idea to do a crossover with our characters.

I am using Morwen in this story and she is eventually going to use Amarth when she writes Morwen's story.

I'm not sure when she plans on beginning her story but I (and she) will let you all know as soon as it happens!

So let me know what you guys think about her and I will see you all in the next chapter.