Where is Star?

"Star! Star! Where has she got to?" Marco opened all the doors in the house. "Mum! Dad! Have you seen Star?"
"I think she was in her bedroom." Rafael replied.
Marco remembered that Star's bedroom door had been locked when he originally tried it earlier which was bizarre because she never locked her door. He knocked quietly in case she was sleeping.
"Hey Star, Star? Star? Hello? Star?" He called gradually getting louder. "Star!" He tried the handle, it was still locked. He couldn't get in. Unless...yes! Rafael had cleaned Star's balcony the day before, and left the ladder up.
"Hey Dad!"
"Yes Marco."
"Have you taken the ladder down yet?"
"No, your mom and I are gonna take it down when she gets back from the store. Are you sure Star did not go to the store?"
"Star hates the store. She gets confused with the self checkout."
  Marco ran out of the door without any shoes on and stepped in laser puppy poo.
"Oh guys! What did Daddy tell you about going in the doorway!" He looked down at the brown mess with pink glitter on his sock. "Ugh." From then on it just got worse, he had to climb 34 steps hearing the squelch after each one. As he slid into Star's room he yelled out to her.
"Star! I just walked 34 steps with Laser Puppy Poo because you wouldn't let me in! Star! Star!"
"She's not here." A voice said abruptly, making Marco jump.
"Glossaryk! You were here! You could've let me in!"
"I could've, but you wanted Star, who by the way isn't here."
"Where is she?"
"I don't know, she disappeared about an hour ago. Someone came in, cast a spell on her to keep her sleeping and took her from her bed. Oh and left something on her bed."
"What?! Why didn't you do something!"
"What was I supposed to do? I was eating a limited edition double pudding cup!"
Marco rolled his eyes and Glossaryk disappeared again. He looked over at Stars bed and studied the item. It was a rose but someone had carefully cut the thorns off with a pocket knife. There was something strange about it too. It was dark, black around the edges, almost...burnt...