You can't spell smoke without fire.

Marco was snapped out of his thoughts by a strange odour.
"What's that smell?"
"Heartbreak." Tom said flatly.
"No. It smells like burning toast and cough syrup."
"That's the potion, it's nearly at its peak."
"Why does it smell like cough syrup and burning toast?"
"I don't know! Why don't you ask it? As soon as it sets itself alight we can put in the hair. And it will reveal the dimension it came from."
"WHAT?! You never said it would set itself alight!"
"Did I mention that if we leave it too long it will explode."
"WHAT?!"
"I'm guessing no."
"Tom! This is earth! Not hell or wherever it is you come from! If you set anything alight it doesn't recover."
"What? Why didn't you say so?"
"I assumed you knew."
"I don't know anything about this dimension."
Marco would've carried on arguing having he not have seen smoke rising from under Star's bedroom door.
"I guess you can't spell smoke without fire!" Marco shouted running upstairs with Tom just behind him.
"But you can!" Tom yelled.
"It's a saying!"
"What's a saying?!"
"You can't spell smoke without fire!"
"But you can!" Tom replied shouting into Marco's ear. "What now?"
"We wait for the fire brigade to arrive. They put the fire out and we carry on with the potion."
"We can't wait for the fire grenade..."
"Fire brigade."
"Whatever! By the time they get here the potion will have passed its peak and exploded."
"What do you plan to do then."
"This!" Tom got up and ran into the flames, they completely engulfed him. He emerged a few minutes later holding the bowl that had the potion in it. He seemed completely unharmed but his clothes were burning. Not that he was bothered of course, he just patted the flames out with his bare hands.
"Doesn't that hurt?" Marco asked. Tom shook his head as though Marco was an idiot.
"Now, we add the hair and it should tell us what dimension it's from." He removed a small plastic bag from his pocket and opened it carefully. Then with a motion of his fingers the hair moved into the potion. Which then began to bubble.
"Wait for it." Tom whispered.
They waited in silence. Every second seemed like a minute. Every minute seemed like an hour. It began to bubble, Tom stared at it intensely, Marco bit his lip. And the potion turned a bright pink.
"PINK! PINK! WE WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR THIS STINKING POTION TO TURN PINK! What does pink mean?" Marco yelled.
"Mewni." Tom said clenching this teeth.
"You're telling me that we went through all that, you set my house on fire! And all for what? To tell us that Star has been kidnapped by someone from her own DIMENSION?!"
"Yes."
Marco looked like he was about to explode.
"So what now?"
"We go to Mewni."
"Do you have scissors?"
"No."
"How are we gonna get there then?"
"I have a way."
"Great! Let's go."
"Shouldn't we do something about your house?"
"Nah. That's the fire brigades problem now."

Well this was a long chapter. These last few have mostly been Tom and Marco arguing but now they're heading to Mewni so it's going to get interesting.

Ps I have literally no idea if the blue meaning Mewni thing is accurate I haven't seen The episode about St Os in a really long time. Lol.

Update: I've changed it so the potion now turns pink because I researched it and it turns out that for Mewni it was pink. So now no one can complain that it's not accurate.