Pranksters?

"Marco! Have you found Star yet?" Angie called from the kitchen, Marco jumped again because he didn't realise she was back yet. Tom laughed again, the same chilling way he always laughed.
"Um. No Mom, I think she's with her Dad. Camping and whatever." Marco replied.
"You're playing go fish with yourself?"
"Um not exactly."
Angie popped her head around into the sitting room.
"Mom. This is...ugh...Tom." Marco gestured towards Tom with two fingers. He noticed that Tom nodded as if to say hello but kept his face hidden behind his cards, which were on fire.
"Oh, are you two friends at school?"
"Not exactly." Tom muttered, from behind his flaming cards. He lowered them down to reveal his face. (Or what you could see of his face, Marco had jokingly said that; if you have more than two eyes, it is crucial that you wear sunglasses when playing go fish, Tom had believed him and Marco hadn't bothered to tell him it was a lie. Partially because he was scared of what Tom would do and partially because the fact he'd tricked an almighty Demon with a simple white lie cracked him up.)
"Mom. He's Stars Ex." Marco explained.
"Oh. I see. And you guys are just hanging out whilst she's not here?"
"Pretty much."
"Okay? Does Star know that you guys hang out?"
"I think she's cool with it."
"Okay. I poured juice in the kitchen. But before I go, I have to know. Are you guys playing a prank on me?"
"Mom what? No."
"Did you not think I'd noticed Thomas' sunglasses?"
"I prefer Tom." Tom took off his sunglasses and began to clean them, revealing his third eye to Angie for the first time. "And quite frankly I have no idea what you're talking about." He blinked at Mrs Diaz. Tom always blinked with all three of his eyes at once and it really weirded Marco out. Star, on the other hand, seemed to have gotten used to it.
"Huh. Would you look at that?"
Angie stared at Tom for a minute in fascination, who stared back equally as fascinated. "Marco, why don't you go get Tom a drink?" Mrs Diaz whispered, leaving without taking her eyes off Tom.
"Okay?" Marco Said slightly confused. He leaned in closer to Tom and whispered to him. "Do you drink juice?"
"What animal is it from?" Tom whispered back.
"Um? An orange?"
"I guess I'll try some."
"Okay."