Roses of fire.

Marco knew immediately who to blame.
"Tom!" He growled through gritted teeth. "I knew he wasn't over Star! That guy is so clingy. I have to rescue Star." He ran over to Stars magic mirror, cracked his fingers and cleared his throat.
"Mirror. Call Tom." He said as clearly as he could.
"Calling Mom." The mirror responded and before Marco could do anything Moon picked up.
"Ah, Star. I was wondering when you'd call. Have you decided what dress you would like yet?" Moon said rather snob-like whilst not looking at the mirror. Marco cleared his throat to get her attention towards him.
"Oh. Who are you?!"
"Um Marco Diaz. I'm Star's roommate. We've met like 3 times before."
"Yes. You're Star's boyfriend aren't you?"
"I don't think I-"
"Well, what is it you want and where is Star?"
"Actually. Your majesty. I'm afraid the magic mirror made a mistake. I was Trying to call Tom. If it's okay I'd rather just hang up now."
"Very well. Off with you then."
Marco breathed a sigh of relief, it was always awkward when he talked to Moon. She seemed to dislike him. Marco tried again and this time Tom picked up. But again he wasn't looking directly at the mirror. He seemed to  be crawling along the floor as Marco could only see the top of his hair.
"Well, well, well. If it isn't Star Butterfly. Changed your mind about my christmas party yet?" He called, Tom's voice echoed around the room he was in. Which Marco noticed was a sort of shrine room to Star and sitting in one corner was a burning rose.
Marco cleared his throat.
"Um...Tom?"
"Oh it's you. What do you want. I'm not in the mood to torture you some more."
"Don't play games with me. Give me back what's mine Tom."
"Star said I could keep your hoodie I swear."
"What?"
"What?"
"I mean star."
"Where is she?"
"You tell me."
"I don't know. I haven't seen her."
"If you haven't seen her then how come I found a burnt rose on her bed."
"I don't know I didn't put it there."
"Well I didn't either and Glossaryk said that he saw someone."
"Sorry. It wasn't me. I've moved on from Star."
Marco looked at the shrine and back at Tom.
"Oh, the shrine." Tom said awkwardly. "I haven't exactly got around to taking it down yet." He changed the subject quickly. "Did you say the rose you found was burnt out?"
"Yes why?"
"My roses never burn out. They keep burning forever. Maybe I could come have a poke around. I mean I know all the demons around here so I'll probably be able to tell who it is."
"That's really not..."
Marco would've said necessary but Tom hung up and there was a sharp knock at the door.