What now?

"How long have you known?" Star whispered to Tom who was sat at the back in the darkness, trying to get over himself. Tom sighed.
"About a month, then all this came up and we had to work together and...ugh." He replied.
"It's okay you know."
"No it's not. I can't have a crush on a mortal."
"Sure you can. And I won't tell anyone if you want."
"You're no good at keeping secrets."
"Yes I am. We dated for over a year and I never told my parents."
"You didn't?"
"They don't even know who you are. Except for the warnicorn bandit."
Tom laughed. "I always knew there was a little bit of bad in you." He looked down at the floor and played with a bug. "So. What now?"
"We wait for Marco." Star said quietly.
Marco had tried to get back through the wall but had rammed straight into it. He guessed that he had been able to get through earlier because Tom had grabbed his hand. And since Tom was a demon he was some magical force around him. So unable to get help from Mewni he was trying to figure out where the creature went after it attacked Tom. Judging by the tracks and the scraps of his hoodie, he guessed that he went directly under the swamp. But there was something about that swamp that made him feel uneasy, there was just to much silence around it. No birds. No frogs. Not even any insects. The only sound was water running the distance. It was just too peaceful. Plus the water was bubbling and every time a drop splashed into land it would burn into the mud like a drop of acid. He thought about his options. He could either try and swim to the bottom, but the swamp seemed highly acidic and could potentially kill him instantly, he could dig a hole but then he would've had to run the risk that if any of the walls leaked he would die or he could run around to the other side and see if there was an easier solution, but he was sure he could hear some quiet footsteps in the distance.
"This is so stupid! Star's kidnapped! Tom would be dead if he wasn't already dead! My parents think she's with her Dad! Her Dad thinks she's with my parents! I'm being hunted down by some evil swamp monster thing and I can't even go back to my own dimension!" He yelled kicking the wall. Some of the cement holding the bricks together fell into the swamp and began to bubble. Then for a brief few seconds Marco could've sworn it turned into...water.