7

Time passed quickly for me and my friends and before I knew it it was the day before the Halloween party. James and I planned to go as our favorite Quidditch players.

I had decided to go as Loretta Moon, she was the first and only girl who had ever played for the Irish. My father had taken me to a game two summers ago and after the game I had gotten to meet Loretta and get a signed shirt.

I was going to wear the shirt with black leggings and my brown Quidditch boots, and just wear my Quidditch gear over that.

I set up my outfit on a chair next to my bed and got under my covers. Our classes ended at 2:00 so that meant I had charms, care of magical creatures, and potions. I soon drifted of to sleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-time skip-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I woke up to Nicole and Ada bouncing on my bed trying to wake me up. "Hey what the..." I didn't get to finish because Ada flopped on top off me. "Oof" I yelled, I pushed her off. I looked over to Paige's bed where she was sound asleep. "Why didn't you wake up Paige!" I asked. Nicole shrugged. "We thought you would want to wake her up." I grinned. "Oh well then that's different."

I found my quill after shifting through my bag. The feather end was willowy and thin, perfect. I tickled under her nose and after a few seconds she sneezed herself awake.

"AHCOO!" She roared.

"Woah! What?" She asked groggily. We laughed loudly together and after we explained, Paige was giggling along too.

"Um excuse me, do you baboons always have to be so loud?!" Lily sneered.

"Do you have to spray enough perfume to cover London?" I asked as I glared at her. She glared back.

"What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have a supper early class or a Slytherin creep to stalk?" I asked.

"You're just jealous you don't have a date for tonight." Lily said.

"Actually I'm going with James Potter, you know my boyfriend." I told her.

Lily sneered. "I would have thought he would have at least picked a prettier girl for his rebound." She sneered.

"I'm James first girlfriend, so I'm not a rebound. He decided to move on from you a while ago. Now it's you who needs to get over it."

I know I'm supposed to be pushing Lily and James together but my frustration for Lily is quickly over powering my promise to James.

Is this really the girl James is so desperately in love with? How could he not know she wasn't the kind girl he imagined her to be? He was completely blind when it came to Lily Evans.

Lily glared at me and walked out of the dorm. I made my way over to my closet and pulled out my uniform. "I'm going to use the shower first if that's ok, I'll be quick."

"Fine, take as long as you want." Paige said.

I took a shower and got dressed. I learned from last year that you always get dressed inside the bathroom. I walked out and saw Paige waiting for me. "Nicky and Ada already left." She said.

I nodded and grabbed her hand to start to pull her out of the room but she stopped me. "Wait, are you okay? You know after lily and all?"

"Of course I don't even remember what she said. " I lied and continued to pull her toward the dinning hall. We gasped as we arrived, it was decorated for Halloween with floating jack'o lanterns and candy adorning the tables. The room had a rosy glow that made me smile.

We sat down at the table and Paige started grabbing toast and jam, bacon, and hash browns. I looked at the food, I grabbed a waffle, bacon, and hash-browns. I smiled, at Paige who was laughing at my amount of potatoes. They were my favorite, what can I say?

I was surprised when Lily Evans sat down beside me. She smiled at me. "Hey Carina! We're good right?" I raised my eyebrows and thought of James who desperately wanted us to be friends. But then I thought of myself.

I had hated this girl since 3rd year. She had tormented me, hated me, and even slapped me. Despite all that, things are supposed to change, right? You are supposed to give people second chances and Lily Evans was asking for one. I looked at Lily and smiled a cautious smile. "Sure."

"Really? Great!" She said. She looked down the table to see the marauders making their way over to us. "Sorry gotta go, most annoying human beings ever coming! Bye!"

I laughed cautiously. "Bye..." I turned to Paige. "That was odd." She said. I was about to answer when a strong arm pulled me up and spun me around.
"Oh" I cried as I was pulled into a hard chest and given a bear hug. I heard Paige snicker and a lot of sudden whispers.

"You did it, Lily and you are friends! I heard the conversation." I laughed at James's enthusiasm. "Of course! Is there any thing I can't do? But uh... Not really I just said we were good." he laughed and let me go to get back to my delicious breakfast