8

After class, Me and Paige walked down the hallway towards the Gryffindor tower. I knew Paige was going to ask about me and James. I felt it. We walked a few moments in silence until we reached the entrance to the Gryffindor common room.

I went up to the fat lady and said "parsnips". She smiled at me and I smiled back. "Thanks ma'am." I told her. "Anytime dears!" She called back.

Paige chuckled and walked ahead up to the dorms. I was about to follow when I was hugged from behind and kissed on the cheekbones . I nearly jumped out of my socks, "What the heck, James!" I whisper shouted since half the people in the room were reading or doing homework. Well now they were looking at us but at the time they were doing homework.

"Shh Lily's over there and I'm pretty sure she's looking at us!" He whispered letting me go. I turned around and sure enough lily was looking over at us quizzically.

"Oh hey!" I said loud enough for her to hear,"make sure that you and your costume are ready to go by 5:00 I would like to be on time." He chuckled "Of course Care, I'll make sure of it, I need to go help Sirius with his costume. He's going with Nicole you know."

I actually didn't know. Nicole told us she was going solo with a couple of her Ravenclaw friends.

"Really? I didn't know. Go ahead, I'll see you later." James bent down, kissed me on the forehead and walked off. I turned to go  find Paige in our dorm but was surprised to find her with a smug look on her face, standing on the stairwell. "You two are so cute together! Come on let's go get ready!" I suddenly remembered something." Wait, lily? I said turning around. Lily looked up. "Yes."

"Would you like to come get ready with us?"

She looked surprised. "I guess, sure" she said hesitantly following us.

We walked in our room to find Marlene already there, about to get in the shower. I went and showed lily my laid out costume. "No way you are going in your Quidditch uniform!" Lily said shocked. I shrugged "James's idea." Lily laughed and asked "What's your favorite thing, animal, hobby? give me some ideas. Maybe we can pull something together."

I thought of what I liked, that would be baking (even if it didn't alway turn out right), watching quidditch, music, and reading.

"I could be a book character." I offered after thinking a few moments.

"What about Daisy from The Great Gatsby?" Paige said.

"I accidentally forgot my 1920s fashion this year." I said sarcastically.

" Yeah, that would be hard to do." Lily pointed out.

"What if I just wore my already planned outfit? Me and James planned it awhile ago and we're pretty set." I asked.

""Oh fine, it's your outfit, not mine." Lily said, going over to her dresser and trunk through her shoes.

Marlene had gotten out of the shower now and was starting her makeup. "Hey mar, do you have those orange pumps you brought last year?" Lily asked.

"I think so, your welcome to look." Marlene answered. "Thanks" lily said digging through Marlene's closet. "Here they are!" Lily said popping out of the trunk and putting them on her bed.

"Now Carina, go take a shower while I help out with Paige and Mar, and use my pink bar of soap under the counter, it's in my drawer." She told me. "Ok got it!" I went to the bathroom and grabbed my conditioner and Lily's soap. I jumped in and washed my body and shaved. It smelled like mint, cinnamon, cologne, and for some reason grass.

You would have thought that it would have smelt awful but it actually smelt really good. I washed it off  and got out. I wrapped my self in my towel and walked to my bed where my clothes were. I collected them and got dressed in the bathroom.

Lily pulled me over to the vanity where she sat me down and pulled out mine and her makeup. "So what does the soap smell like to you?" She asked while doing my eye makeup. "Cinnamon, mint, Cologne, and... kinda like grass." I answered.

"Ooh do you know who's cologne?"

"No but it's familiar."

She gasped. "Do you think it could be James's?"

I thought about it for a second, "It could be." I didn't think it was his... or maybe it could be, now that I think about it. She sighed. "Aww barely 16 and you've found love! You're so lucky!" She exclaimed.

"Wait What?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Yeah I thought you would have realized. The soap is from a potions shop called Surveys elixers. It basically is a washed down love indicator. It's supposed to smell of what, or in your case who, you love. My friend got it for me for my birthday." She said excitedly.

"Oh" I said. She finished my makeup which was simple. She told Marlene to finish with my hair. I have medium length, curly hair that goes right below my collar bones. There is not much you can do with it.

But Marlene did good, she pulled it back in a pony tail, pulled some stray ends out to look purposely messy. She recurled the ponytail, put in some hairspray and voila!! She was done! She also went ahead and but the googles on so I wouldn't mess my hair up later by messing with them.

I turned around in the seat so I could see myself. I had to admit, I barely recognized myself. I looked stunning!

I turned around and grabbed Marlene's hand an squeezed it. "Thank you so much!" She smiled, "Of course, anytime!"

I turned to Paige and she turned to me, she was in her pirate costume. She looked awesome. "Wow you look great." I told her.

"You too. Sirius will have to pick James off the floor, he will flip when they see you." Paige smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "So who are you going with anyway? You never would tell me!" I asked. She shrugged, "Me and Remus are going as friends." Nicole and Ada came in at that exact moment. "Ooh really?" Ada squealed. Paige rolled her eyes.

"Come on guys, you two are running late, it's 5:42 it starts at 6:30!" I told the girls. They rolled their eyes but Nicky jumped in the shower and Ada got her clothes out.