18

One year later

Carina pov.

I walked into the great Hall for lunch. 5th hour had just ended and we were all hungry and tired, we we're all getting used to the new work load of 6th year. Only two more days to go before October started.

Slytherins were eating and talking loudly while hufflepuffs were laughing and passing food. Few Ravenclaws were there and those that were, were eating quickly. I turned back to my friends and was surprised to find Sid McCarthy, a 6th year Slytherin looking back at me.

He was sitting at the end, next to Paige, where I normally sat. He had shaved, black hair, a pimply face, and a broad forehead. He seemed nice for a Slytherin but was more just wierd that sly. He was known for changing girlfriends more than his clothes and no one knew how he talked these girls into dating them.

I sat down next to Ada since he took my seat. "Heya! Carina right?" He asked me brightly. "Um, yeah." I answered, his over happiness making me uncomfortable. At this time the marauders were strolling torwards us. "Hey guys!" Ada called out. "Hey!" They chorused.

Peter and James sat at the end of the table, across from me. Remus was absent (it was that time of the month). Siris sat on the other side of Nicole. They had broken up shortly after they got together but given Sirius track record, that wasn't surprising. Nicole was a little bitter at first when he broke it off with her, but soon enough accepted it. She knew it was inevitable when dating a notorious player.

"Hey" a girl said behind me. I turned and saw Elowen Laveau, a blonde, short Slytherin who has been friends with Nicole since last year. Elowen was her full name but she said it was to old fashioned and preferred Ellie. She sat down beside me as there were no more seats near us. "Hey Ellie." I said back to her.

I continued eating until Nicole stood up. "Who wants to go outside with me?" She exclaimed. Most of us stood up and answered "me!" except Ada who had unfinished homework. Passing by the Ravenclaw table I noticed my friend, Wilder Myerson. I waved at him to come with us and he followed. We all walked outside.

It was warm but windy and not but a few clouds in the sky. We all formated around a table under a tall tree. "Why don't we sit by the black lake, it's cooler there." Sid asked. Everyone looked at me and I blushed from the attention.

"No lets just stay here." James said while glancing at me. "Less bugs."

Wilder, Ellie, and Sid looked confused but didn't press for answers. We sat laughing and talking before Wilder pulled me to the side, "So you know how my dad loves quidditch so much?"

I nodded and he continued, "Well he bought tickets to the for every one in my family and two more, which mean me and my sister Amelia can both bring friends." Every one knew the Myersons were loaded. These tickets were easy to acquire for them. "Where is this going?" I asked faking being confused. He wouldnt want to really bring me would he? I tried to not let myself get to excited.

"Would you like to go with me?" He asked looking hopeful. I sqealed. "Would I like to go?!? Who wouldn't want to go? Thank you! thank you! thank you!" I exclaimed rather loudly. I hugged him tightly before noticing James angry expression. I stiffened but held on a little longer. If James wanted to be mad then that was his choice. I pulled away and pulled Wilder back to the group.

I noticed tension from the others immediately, "I just don't see how you are a Slytherin, you're just a no good half breed. " Sid said sharply, he stared at Ellie creepily. It was then that I realized he was bashing Ellie for being a half blooded Slytherin, every one else looked shocked and Nicole looked really hurt, every one was disgusted.

Nicole half stepped in front of Ellie, "Don't talk to her-" I cut her off. "Leave it be, he's not worth your time and effort. Don't start any thing with a kid who is beyond any help we can give." I said glaring at Sid. She looked from me back to Sid who was now getting a mean glare from James.

He didn't need to say anything, the look already said, "If I ever catch you talking or even looking at one of us again without their consent I will NOT hesitate to let Sirius punch your lights out, and then help him do it."

"We are going to be late for sixth hour if we don't go now." I told everyone .

-/-/-/-/-/-

Wilder broke off from where he was talking to James and walked over to me and Ellie. I'm glad he and James are friends, it makes him fit in our group more although it was more awkward for me. "Hey Carina, Ellie." Wilder greeted us. He sat down and leaned towards me.

"You don't seem to be creeped out about that Sid guy." He looked concerned.

"I am very bothered, Ive just dealt with guys like him before, they feed from attention. You have to just ignore them. " I told him, remembering a guy in third year who bothered me endlessly, calling me a blood traitor for being in Gryffindor.

I heard Wilder sigh as he scooted closer to me, "Me and James are just worried about you girls is all. He seems like a total weirdo."

Wilder knew that me and James used to have a relationship that ended badly. He didn't know all the fine details but then again, neither did anyone else besides me and James.

I sighed, "Since when has James Fleamont Potter ever cared about my well being?" I asked more angrily than I intended.

"He does, and that Sid guy is a creep and we won't let him near you or the other girls." He said. "What? Are you going to follow us around?" I asked smiling at the thought that Wilder was becoming our third dad with Sirius and James.

"No I would nev-" he was cut off by Ellie who said, "Are you to going to keep bickering because by now the whole class is looking." She gestured around. I kept my head down, to embarrassed to look up.

Luckily for me, Professor Merridew started class.

//////......//////

My next class was transfiguration which I was not excited for. I had this class with James and Sid, double whammy. I had Paige in that class to though, I would just sit with her. I walked in the door to professer Mconagall's room.

I was shocked when Sid the freaking science kid was sitting in my seat. MY seat! You know, the one beside Paige Abernathy.

I stalked over to Ellie, "Care if I sit with you?" I asked as nicely as possible. She looked up at me. "Sure, my desk is open." She said. I smiled gratefully at her. "Thanks, it seems my seat has been taken." I say as I glance back at Paige who was discussing something that seemed rather comical with Sid who was sitting at my seat.

Ellie looked back, she sighed, "Sid is a distant relative of mine, but who from a pure blood family isn't? My mother married a muggle though so I'm half. " She raked a hand though her blonde hair and leaned back in her chair. "I hate that I'm related to such terrible people." She said loudly enough that the people around us were staring.

"I understand, my parents aren't really evil, just supporters of the cause, you know, pureblood power, strict rule and were mortified I made Griffindor." I told her. She nodded, "Well then I know someone feels my pain, mom and dad are great but my grandparents are pure evil." She said. I was glad the class had gone back to their normal business.