Chapter 2

Soldier 259

"Hey, 259. Wake up, we're here." 60 nudges me awake and I open my door, letting Night out and get out of the jeep. Everyone else piles out of the car and I take a look around to get my surroundings. It's so hot here! We're on a cliff surrounded by huge jungle trees overlooking a large town. I see people of all different color walking around, doing their daily routines.

  Night barks, snapping me out of my thought. I turn to see him wagging his tail with a stick in his mouth. I smile, "Alright boy, just one throw and then we have to get to work." I take the stick and throw it as hard as I can. Night runs after it, I hear 60 cough and walk over towards him and look down at the town.

"They should be arriving soon and if they don't stay here then we have to be able to move. That means we don't have time to play fetch." he growls.

  I roll my eyes at him, "Relax 60. It was just one throw."

"Do I need to remind you that we are going up against your competition, The Winter Soldier? You and him are the best, which means it will be hard to take him down."

"Take him down? 60, this is an observing mission not an assassination!"

  60 looks me dead in the eye, "I know that, but why would they want us to observe if not so we can watch him and learn his every move and be able to defeat him?"

  I look away angrily. I don't want to kill The Winter Soldier, not after he's starting to remember. It would be cruel to do so when I'm so desperate to remember anything from my life before Hydra. "Here's your rifle, 259." 284 says.

  I look up and take my rifle from him and get down on my belly and look through the scope. I observe traffic and hear 284 hand 60 a rifle and him get down on his belly too. Together we look for our prey.

  We look for thirty minutes and I start to give up hope, but then 60 nudges me, "There they are!"

"What? Where?" I yell.

"By the tall blue building that looks to be an apartment building."

  I look through my scope to for the building that 60 spotted them. I find the building and sure enough I spot Steve Roger's golden hair and he's followed by Sam Wilson. They seem to be carrying something in-between them. I look closer and realize that it's not something but someone, and none other than the famous Winter Soldier himself. He looks terrible. He's looks exactly how I look like after I've just been unfrozen and woken up from my icy slumber.

  They walk into the building and don't come back out. I wonder where the rest of their team is. Maybe they split up?

"We should get a room near them so it'll be easier to track and observe them." I say and stand up and walk towards the jeep. 117 is playing tug-of-war with Night and she seems to be winning. She stops when she sees 60 and I approach.

"Did you locate them?"

"Yes, we're moving there now." 60 says as I get in my seat. Night gets in and sticks his head out the window with his back feet digging into my legs. 284's already in the car sleeping. 117 and 60 enter and start the car and drive down towards the town.

"So, where are we going?" 284 asks without opening his eyes,

"We've located the targets and are now moving to a nearby motel or something. Are the weapons hidden?" I ask.

"Yes. 117 and I took care of that while you two were busy scouting."

  I lean back and look out the window as we enter the town. 60 honks at people to make them get out of the way. Ugh! People these days! Finally we break through the crowd and look around for a nearby motel or apartment place. I spot a rundown apartment building and point it out to 60. He nods his head saying he sees it and  drives us over to it. We have to park a block away.

  I jump out of the jeep and so does everybody else. 117 hands me a dark blue cap and a jacket for me to hide in. I take them and put them both on, 60, 284, and 117 do the same. We walk to the apartment building and enter. There's an old man with grey hair starting to take root in his dark black hair. He looks at us and gives us a warm smile, "Welcome to The Panther's Den Apartments. How can I help you lot?" he speaks in Wakandan.

  60 walks up to the man, "We need a room and we'll be staying here for awhile."

  The man nods his head, "You're in luck, a room just opened. I'm sorry to say that there won't enough bed for all of you."

"That will be alright. So, how much?"

  The man looks at Night and raises his eye, "It would be $250 but including the dog it'll be, $260."

  60 digs into his pants pocket and pulls out $260 in cash and hands it to the man. He takes it and gives 60 a two keys. "Have a nice stay at The Panther's Den Apartments." He says with a smile. I can't help but smile back. 60 nods his head to the old man and takes the lead back to the car for the equipment.

  We walk back to the jeep and take out the equipment that 117 and 284 put in suitcases to hide the guns and weapons inside from prying eyes. We walk back and ask the old man, Raghu, where our room is and head up a big staircase to the room. Finally on the fourth floor we reach our room, 456, and enter.

  It's not much. Just a two room apartment with a stove, oven, sink, refrigerator, toilet, shower, and two pallets. The second room is the bathroom with the shower and stuff. The walls have cracks in the sandpaper on them and the tiles on the bathroom floor have dents and cracks. I walk over to the window and look out and see the building that our prey is in. Night rubs my leg and I look down with a smile and pet him on the head.

"Alright, let's start setting up. Then we can go out and start scoping the area and figuring out how we're going to do this." I say to them.

  117 starts setting up her computer stuff on the table in the kitchen and 60 starts sharpening his knives. 284 gets out his explosives and start organizing them, I walk over and get out my rifle, pistol, and poisons. Each one of us is an expert in something, 117 is a master in computers and stuff, 284 explosives, 60 knives, and I'm good in guns and poisons. Someone close the shades so no one can look through the window and see our weapons and call the police or something.

  I finish setting up and see that so is 60 and 284, 117 has a lot of equipment to set up. "117 are you alright with us leaving you here and going to scout the area?" I ask not wanting to offend her.

"No, I'm fine. You guys go ahead without me, I'll be fine."

"Alright, let's go."

  60, 284, Night, and I leave the room and blend in with the crowd. There's tons of people in this part of town. How do they all fit in here? I spot a place that sells animal food and buy Night food and a  water bowl. 284 walks off in search of some food for dinner and breakfast. We all have money that Hydra gave us and it was a lot of money that we were given.

  60 bends down and whispers into my ear as I look at a book, "There they are."

"Where?" I ask without looking up from the book that I'm observing.

"They seem to be doing the same thing we are."

"Is The Winter Soldier with them?"

"No, it's just the other two, Sam and Steve I think."

  I look at them through the corner of my eye and see them look skeptically at a piece of food. Even form across the street I can see Steve's muscles through his shirt. Dang is that guy ripped! He looks as ripped as 60! Night growls sensing our unease.

  I put down the book and walk towards them, seeming to be interested in the food stand next to them, Night and 60 follow. I pick up a squash and try to hear their conversation.

"So, how long do you suppose we're staying here, Steve?" Sam asks.

  Steve looks at Sam, "Till T'achalla says it's safe again, 'til then we're stuck here."

  Sam sighs, "Ugh! Why couldn't we be trapped somewhere where it wasn't 100 degrees out!"

  Steve laughs and places a hand on Sam's shoulder, "I know, Sam, I know."

  They walk away. I look 60 who is deep in thought. "It seems we'll be staying here for awhile."

"It does indeed. Come on I have a bad feeling that 284 spent all of our money."