Chapter 4

Bucky

  I wake up to the sweet smell of vanilla and immediately think of her. She always smelled like that. I look around the room and see the outline of Steve sleeping on his pallet. I look in the corner and see Sam snoring as he sleeps on his. I roll me eyes and look out the window to see the sun just now rising over the horizon and decide to go for an early run.

  I stand up and walk over to where Steve and Sam laid the clothes that they got me yesterday and put them on. They got me green shorts and a white male tank top. I go through the equipment from T'achalls's lab and find the little magnet that makes my new metal arm look like a real regular one. Technology these days!

  Once I look like a regular human and not a cyborg I lace up my sneakers and open the door and leave the apartment. I close the door behind me, careful not to wake Steve and Sam and walk down the staircase and enter the town.

  There's people everywhere. Don't they ever sleep? I start jogging and try not to run into people. It's quite hard since they're everywhere. I see two people in front of me jogging up ahead. One is a man that is extremely tall and muscular with jet black hair while the other is a female. She has beautiful brown hair that is in a ponytail and I can see her muscles tense and relax in her arms as she pumps them. Her claves are ripped from years of use and probably training.

  The man takes a left and heads to where a market that sells dog food and stuff while the woman continues to jog forward. I speed up a little to catch up to her. I jog beside her and see through the corner of my eye that she sizing me up. I look at her and give her a friendly smile, "Hi. Good morning for a nice run, eh?"

"Yep. Sure is." She responds.

"So, uhm, do you jog here a lot in the morning?" I ask nervously. Why am I so nervous? She's just another cute girl!

"No, uh, my family just moved here. Did you jog this part of town a lot?"

  I notice that she talks Wakandan with a German accent but is quick to change it to a Wakandan accent.

"My family just moved here too. We moved here from the U.S. Did you move here from Germany?"

I notice that her muscles tighten but then loosen. Interesting. "What makes you think that?"

"Oh, nothing. Just that at first you talked with a German accent."

  I watch her reaction and see that she has a straight face on. No emotion is showing. "Yeah we moved here from Germany."

  She stops jogging and I stop to and stare at her. Something shines in the light around her neck and I notice it's a dog tag. I point to it, "You in the army?"

  She looks confused and then realization hits her. She grabs ahold of the dog tag and shakes her head, "Oh, this? No I'm not in the army. This is just something a good friend of mine gave to me."

"Oh, well I hope he returns home safely." She smiles at that and I can't help but think of Kyra. Of how this woman in front of me reminds me of Kyra and looks exactly like her. I would almost think it was Kyra if I weren't ninety-seven myself and that would make Kyra ninety-six. I wish I could have attended her funeral.

"Thank you." She looks around annoyed, "Ugh! Where is he?"

"Are you waiting for someone?" I ask, hoping it's not a boyfriend.

  She looks at me and gives me a smile, "Yeah, my brother. He was jogging with me but then he had to go and buy our dog some dog food."

  I nod my head in understanding, "Well, I best be off. I just started my run so I've got awhile before I finish. It was a pleasure meeting you."

  She smiles, "It was a pleasure meeting you too."

  I start jogging backwards and yell, "I hope to see you soon."

"And so do I!" She yells back.

  I smile and turn facing right and start jogging.

******************************

Soldier 259

  Omg! How could he not recognize me? I mean, we're both Hydra Soldiers! And what was I thinking when I said, "I hope to see you soon too"? I am such an idiot! I watch as The Winter Soldier jogs away. I look at his left arm and notice that it looks exactly like any regular arm. I squint and look closer to a small glitch on his arm. Hologram. Sneaky little devil!

"What are you staring at?" I hear 60 say behind me.

  I turn and face him, "Oh, nothing. Just thinking."

  60 narrows his eyes at me, "You're lying. What did you see?" He says threateningly, meaning that he means business.

  I sigh and roll me eyes at him, "Fine, I had a run in with our friend The Winter Soldier."

  60 tightens his hold on the dog bed he got for Night and looks out in the crowd, searching for The Winter Soldier. "What did he want?"

"Nothing, he was just on his morning run. That's it."