Chapter 10

60 lays down 259 on their shared pallet and sits down on one of the chairs. Ogie sits down beside him, together they watch over the woman who has changed both of their lives. 259 twitches in her sleep and tosses and turns, Night lays down beside her, but even he can't take 259's tossing and turning.

  Each time 259 winces, 60's heart skips a beat. He wants so badly to make her nightmares go away, they've been happening almost every night now. Ogie looks at 60, "Why does she get nightmares all the time?"

"I don't know, Ogie. I don't know."

***********************

Soldier 259

  I wake up from my icy slumber and fall into the arms of my guards, my limbs feel stiff from being frozen for so long. They drag me into the chair and take away all of my memories. I scream from the pain. A man says the seven words I dread,

"Red,
Born,
Angel,
Four,
Skull,
House,
Twelve."

  Take orders. Follow orders.

"Soldier?" the man says and sets down the grey book on a table and stares into my eyes.

"Ready to comply." I answer in Russian since he is speaking Russian.

  He smiles, "I have a mission for you, 259. You will be accompanied by The Winter Soldier in this mission."

  He helps me up and a man with long brown hair and green eyes walks in. His face looks so familiar, he looks so familiar. I can't quite place where I've seen him before since my brain still feels like it has a snowstorm in it. He's dressed in a Soldier uniform, except he has no sleeve on his left arms. Instead there's just a metal arm with a red star on it. I eye it, just in case he tries to hurt me with it.

  He looks me up and down and I do the same to him. He takes a long stair at something around my neck and I look down to see that it's a dog tag. I read the name on it and feel a wet nose rub against my leg and look down to see a black lab puppy and his mother a very mean looking black female lab, who is snarling and shooting dagger eyes at the man. I remember that their names are Night and Moon as their fur touches my leg.

"The mission will be a standard one, kill the target and leave no witnesses." the man in charge reports to us.

"259," he motions to me, "this is The Winter Soldier." He moves his hand to the other man with green eyes and long brown hair. He introduces me to The Winter Soldier. We glare at each other, knowing that we are enemies, or rivals to describe us the best. I envy his metal arm and he envies my dogs.

  The man dismisses us and I follow my guards to my "room". Night and Moon follow me from behind and follow me into my room. I close the door behind them and get dressed in my Soldier outfit. Moon walks over to the door and starts barking at it, I grab a pistol and point it at the door as it opens to reveal The Winter Soldier.

  I glare at him and lace up my shoes, "What do you want?" I say in a bitter voice.

"You have two minutes to get dressed." He reports and turns his back to me to exit.

"Done!" I say and stand up. He turns around, shocked to see me dressed so quickly.

  I smirk and walk past him, Night and Moon following quickly behind. I hear him close the door as I walk to the car that the guards are leading me to. I take the passenger seat, Night sits on my lap and Moon sits in the back, snarling at Winter as he takes his seat in the driver's seat. He starts the car and drives into the tunnel. He adds more gas and soon we zoom out of the tunnel and into the icy terrain of Russia.