Chapter 14

Soldier 259

  I awake to see a white cieling hanging over me head. I blink, the light blinding me and sit up and freeze. This is not my room. This room is all white except for one wall, that wall is all black. I'm guessing that it's one way glass, that means I'm being watched. But by whom?

  I'm sitting on a white bed, there's a toilet and sink in the corner. Great! People can watch me do my buisiness! Just great. The sound of someone turning on a microphone booms through the speakers in the wall. I put my hands over my ears to block out the sound.

"Hello, Kyra, or Soldier 259 if you preffer." a very thick accented man says into the speaker.

"My name is King T'challa. I am the ruler of Wakanda."

"What do yo want with me? have an enemy you want dead or something?" I say mockingly.

  He laughs, "No, I do not. I merely want to help you remember."

"Why would you want to do that?" I ask intrequid.

"Becuase if you remember, then so can others. You would want your "crew", as you call them, to remember, right?"

"Yes. Yes, I want them to remeber."

"Very well, we will give you some medication that we think will help you remember. Until you can fully remeber everything, you are to stay in that room."

  I sigh, "Fine."

"Good. Breakfast will be delivered shortly."

  I stand and walk over to the sink and spalsh some cold water on my face to wake me up. I can feel eyes on my back and know it's him. I know that he propbably sat there the whole time I was asleep, watching over me from afar. I lean against the wall and look at teh black glass at where I think he is.

"This is pretty creeping, you know. That you guys can like watch me without me known." I say and cross my arms over me chest. My head still feels dizzy and full of static.

"I didn't chose this." Bucky replies.

"Where's my crew." I say bitterly.

"Safe. In rooms like the one you're in."

"Why?"

"To monitor how they respond to their medicine."

  I huff, "I want Night back. And Ogie."

"I'm afraid we can not do that." T'challa replies.

"Why not?" I yell and slam my fist against the wall, denting it.

"Becuase of that, I'm afraid."

  I look at the dent in the wall, a dent that I shouldn't have been able to make. I stare at it curiously.

"We've taken your friend's computer and have started reading your file and we were extremely shocked at what we found."

"What did you find?" I demand, snapping my head up to the glass.

"Your mother's great grandfather was not of this world. In fact, he was from Asgard."

  What? What does that even mean? Where's this Asgard?

"That is why you are so strong and have powers that us humans do not. Like the ability to store memories in the fur of your dog. Stuff like that isn't normal. And with your father's serum running through your veins, it makes you even more dangerous and a threat."

*********************

  A man, who has made the shadows his home and rules his Hydra Super Soldier army with an iron fist, enters the room where his second best Hydra Super Soldier crew awaits him. They were his third best, but since Zemo killed his second, they got promoted to second. He can't believe that 259 was able to remember enough that she was willing to abandon the mission.

"You all know Soldier 259 and The Winter Soldier. Some of you, might have learned how to fight because of them. They are the enemy now!" he yell at the Soldiers.

"They must be killed. Soldier 259 must be stopped before she remembers. If she does, then it will be the end of Hydra! This is why she must be stopped. I want you to speak the seven words to her and make her kill The Winter Soldier. Force her to kill anyone else if you have to! Just bring her back here, alive!"

  He surveys the Soldier, they are all in their uniforms and equipped for battle. They stare ahead, eyes that have no life in them, for they are broken men and women. Broken people who will stay broken. People who have only seen the evil in the world, the evil of Hydra. They do not live, they merrily survive to either be killed or kill another day.

"Understood?"

"Yes, Sir!" they yell in unison.

  The man smiles a wicked smile that only truly evil people can master, "Good."