CHAPTER 22 : Could you?

JACK'S POV

They rushed her to surgery immediately after arriving. Tears were rushing down my cheeks as I slid down the wall to the floor.

"Jack.. she'll be alright. She's strong", I heard Conor say with tears in his eyes. "Conor just!....." I said with a squeaky voice. I couldn't even talk properly , all I could think about was Claire.

What if she doesn't make it? What would I do?

"It's all my fault!" I shouted. "Listen, she chose this. I'm sure she'll be back in no time, we just have to wait and see", Conor said trying to calm me down.

I heard everyone sniffing and crying. Zoe, Joe, Josh and all her friends whom were at the party. Conor then told me that he was going to call her parents letting them know before he went to the other corner.

3 HOURS LATER

A few hours later I heard the door open and in came the nurse. Everyone including myself immediately stood up and rushed to hear what was going on.

"Is she going to be alright?!" I heard Conor say.

"How is she!?" I said.

"She's fine, for now... unfortunately she's in a coma....."

As soon as I heard that I felt my heart beat a thousand times at that moment. I had a shortage of breathe.

"We did everything we could. It's all in her hands, she chooses weather to wake u or not. She's being moved to her room right now, we will only allow one person at a time in a few minutes", she said before going back.

More tears rushed down my cheeks, I couldn't bear to hear such thing. "What if she doesn't wake up?" I thought to myself, I love her so much, she can't just leave me..

"I think you should go first... " Rosie said to me crying and I just nodded.

As soon as the nurse came back I went with her to Claire's room, she laid there peacefully with her surgery clothes on. The tubes and the machines were all around her and I could hear the nurse leave closing the door behind her.

I went and sat near the chair beside her and held her hand.

"Clairree?? Babe please wake up please", I said sniffing as I put her hand on my head and looked down

"I wanted us to have a longer time together, I know it's late to tell you this now but.. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I love you Claire. You can't leave me alone please? Wake up and tell me that you love me", I let go of her hand and put my hands on her cheek rubbing it.

"You never got to read my note.." I said crying. "Ever since the day I met you I thought that you were the most beautiful girl I've every laid my eyes on, your presence makes me feel happy and loved. I've never loved someone as much as I loved you and I'm very appreciative of the time that we have spent together for the last months."

"Could you stay so I could ask you the question? I've wanted to ask you later tonight but It was too late

"Could you stay so I could ask you the question? I've wanted to ask you later tonight but It was too late.. and I regret that." "Please don't leave me", I said before the tears ran down my cheeks.

CONOR'S POV

Half an hour later I saw Jack leave her room looking as depressed as ever

Half an hour later I saw Jack leave her room looking as depressed as ever. I've never seen him look that horrible, he was hurt and so were all of us. We all cried about what happened to her, she was one of our closest friends and possibly family. I felt sad for her and Jack as well, they loved each other and it was just sad to see that happen. I really hope she wakes up anytime soon.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hey guys! sorry for the short and late update. I've been busy lately with travelling and stuff,  I decided to update for you today and tomorrow as well! I hope you enjoy it so far. There will be a few surprises so stay tuned! :) Really happy to have 3.5K thank you all for the votes and the lovely comments! Please vote because I'll really appreciate that!

Love/Lena xxx