Chapter four

I need to stop updating every day because i have literally no readers and im gonna end up running outta ideas jfc.

--------

The next day Harry woke up late... but atleast he actually slept. For once.
Even though it wasn't a good sleep... it felt nice to finally got some shut eye.

He already knew he missed breakfast, as it was nearly one in the afternoon.

He once again ignored his stomachs plea as he stood to his feet. He grabbed his clothes, heading towards the showers.

As soon as he took his shirt off, he regretted it.
He wasn't... that, bad... he's seen himself worse... but it was still...bad.

His ribs were just barely visible, and his arms held barely the same amount of muscle they used to, same with his stomach.

He looked like a scrawny teenager going through an emo phase.

He noticed dark bags circling his emerald eyes, and he almost felt like giving up. He almost felt like... going back to bed, and to stop trying... and maybe he'd never wake up.

His stomach, once again, made a small growl, taking him back into reality, causing Harry to scowl, "I'll get something at supper." He mumbled to himself, stripping off the rest of his pajamas as he ran the shower.

-----

Draco was stood against the wall near the Fat Lady portrait, awaiting for Potter to come out of the Gryffindor tower.

He's been waiting for nearly half an hour, where is that bloody git?

As if right on que, The Fat Lady Portrait swung opened, Revealing Potter, his hair damp and swung in multiple directions.

Harry almost walked right past Draco, who had to cough in order to get his attention.

Harry sighed, annoyed. Nonetheless, he spun around and glared at Draco.

Draco instantly noticed the dark bags circling Harrys eyes, which caused Dracos heart to sink.

"What do you want, Malfoy?"

What did I want? Draco questioned himself.

He sighed, I shouldn't be doing this. This is going to end badly.

"Listen. This will probably be the first- and last time you've ever heard me say this." Draco started, folding his arms, "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was out of line to say the things I did."

There was silence, and the air was thick with tension, and Harrys eyes were slightly wider than usual.

"Okay." Draco clapped his hands together, "you're being all quiet. Lovely. Maybe I could push you down those stairs, you're also frozen."

"How many fingers am I holding?" Harry held two fingers infront of Dracos face, causing him to swat his arm away.

"That's all?" Malfoy questioned, "that's all you have to say?"

Harry spun on his heels, walking down the stairs, "What do you expect me to say? 'You are forgiven?' There was nothing to forgive. We were never friends, Draco. It's not like I'm letting you back into my life. You were never in it."

Draco felt a small pang in his heart, but ignored it as he followed Harry, "I knew that, you bloody Git." Draco hissed sharply, even though the realizatiom hit him harder than expected, "But you could say something. I've never apologized to you before."

Harry stopped as soon as they reached a flat platform, once again shoving two fingers infront if Draco's face.

"How man--"

"TWO! There's TWO fingers! What does the amount of fingers you're showing me have to do with anything?!" The slytherin hissed, slapping his hand away from his face.

"You could be poisoned--" harry paused, "or taken a love poti--"

"Harry James Potter. I would do no such thing-"

"Maybe someone snuck some into your drink, and I happened to be the first one you saw." Harry pointed out, smirking, "and, also, how do you know my full name?"

Draco held back his blush, "I know my shit."

"Uh-huh." Harry mused, turning around once again.

He didn't necessarily know where he was going, but he couldn't bare being in this castle much longer. He felt clostrophobic, being in the castle... Even though it was massive...
He just needed some fresh air.

"Why are you following me?" Harry sighed, slightly annoyed.

Draco stopped walking, "I dont know." He replied truthfully, "Pansy and Blaise are annoying as hell. Especially after being stuck with them for more than twenty-four hours straight. I have no where to go, really."

"And hanging out with me, your so called enemy, doesn't bother you in any way whatsoever?" Harry questioned, looking over his shoulder.

Yeah. It bothers me. Not in the way you think.

"Potter," Draco said, barely audible, his tone serious as he met eye contact with Harry, "Why aren't you eating."

It was more of a demand than a question, but it caused Harry's slightly-good mood to go straight down to the firey pits of hell.

"Why do you care." Harry sighed, staring straight ahead, his emerald green eyes now dull, hiding any emotion from Draco. Which wasn't very new.

Instead of the fire he held in his eyes, they were blank. Clouded over, preventing people from seeing through his façade.

You wouldnt believe me if  I told you.

So, instead, after a long pause, he replied; "It's no fun to pick on you when you're being depressed."

Harry laughed dryly... it almost sounded dead, "I'm not depressed, Malfoy." He explained, keeping his sight fixed ahead of him, "I simply have no appetite."

"Do you think your parents would be happy, Potter? If they knew you were starv--"
Dracos sentence was cut off by Harry slamming him into the wall, "dont you dare bring my parents into any conversation between the two of us." Harry hissed lowley, his grip tightening around Dracos collar, "you have no fucking idea what they'd think. You have no fucking right to even think about them. Don't talk to me again, Malfoy. You'll regret it."

All Draco could do was stare at Harry, his silver eyes staring widely at Harry's green ones, and all Draco felt was fear, and hurt.

But he didn't show it.

He quickly wiped away any signs of shock, hurt, or fear, covering it up with his everyday, bitchy stare.

Harry let Draco down not long after his rant, deciding It'd be best to drop it before it got too... serious. He didnt feel like getting in trouble over holidays. And he most certainly didn't feel like getting expelled.

He quickly made his way outside, inhaling a long breath of fresh air, before making his way towards Hagrids hut, calming himself from his sharp breaths.

•••
I guess we really weren't meant to get along. As I said. I guess its for the best.

After you dropped my collar and ran off, I didnt move from my spot. I said sorry. I said it multiple times. Not in my head. But out loud. You didn't hear me.
I said it pretty low.

I'm sorry, Harry Potter. For all the ache I've caused you.

But I guess that's what I'm best at. Making people miserable.

Hopefully we don't run into each other again.
Hopefully we don't talk to eachother again.
Hopefully I fall out of love with you.

Though, still, I wouldn't call it love. Maybe I just like the idea of you.

Or maybe its lust.