Chapter Twenty-Three

isnt the Astronomy tower pretty

Also,,, how do you feel about Pansmione?•••

•••

The ball was dreadfully boring and extraordinarily painful for Draco.
When he says painful, he mainly means his feet. Because apparently Astoria doesn't know how to dance. Yet she blames it on him.

How does a child who grew up in the Greengrasse family not know how to dance? Ridiculous.

"Draco~!" Astoria called.

Draco sneered to himself, yet turned to face her, "yes?"

"There's another slow song coming up!" She exclaimed, smiling. "Which means we get to dance again!"

My feet need a break. A long one.

He turned to Pansy, silently begging her to do something. Luckily, she caught on.

"Actually, Asoria, I need to tell you something really important." Pansy spoke, stepping foreward.

Astoria frowned, "Can't it wait until the dance is done?"

"Im afraid not-" she stepped next to her and whispered something in her ear.
Astoria's eyes widened and she nodded. She excused herself from Draco and dragged pansy to Merlin knows where.

Draco let out a breath of relief. He was thankful he didn't have to get more bruises on his feet, and that he didn't have to press himself against Astoria's breasts again. Which felt tremendously  awkward... and just overall uncomfortable.

He scanned the sea of people, spotting a ginger-haired and a blonde dancing together, their smiles bright.

He smirked, and here I thought Harry was lying.

He scanned the area once more, before deciding he should probably exit the Ball room before Astoria came back... and he desperately needed to be away from her and her feet.
Far away.

Especially since his father expects him to marry her. He needs to have as much space as he can until that dreadful day.

Before he left, he grabbed an extra glass of champagne (only the year eights were allowed to drink, and the glasses had a charm on them that prevented minors to drink.)

He made his way through the mob of people, desperately attempting to keep the liquids in their glasses. When finally made it to the exit, he set his course to the astronomy tower.

He just had to get away from Astoria's... everything.
Her perfume - which stenched like old ladies.
Her horrid brown hair, which was just... so unflattering! He didn't know why, maybe it was because it was on her, but he hated it.
The way she walked - as if she owned the place.
The way she talked - so high-pitched and needy.
The way she danced - which was absolutely horrid.
Her giggle - high-pitched and obnoxiously loud.
Her laugh, which was so bloody annoying.
And her breasts. Her breasts. They were so... large... and in the way! He hated them!

He only knew one person who could keep his thoughts off Astoria and the future he'd be forced to share with her, and that person was Harry Potter. And lucky for him, he knew exactly where Harry was.

Once he made it up to the landing of the astronomy tower, he dug his side into the door frame, watching the black-haired boy.

Harry was sitting between one of the window-beams, his feet dangling from the tower, and his arms reting on the metal bar of the gaurd... which was keeping him from falling.

There was a low hum coming from beneath them - from the ballroom - and Harry was swinging his feet to the rhythm.

"Hey," Draco spoked.

Harry jumped at the sudden voice, and he would've fallen off the tower if it weren't for the metal gaurd.

He spun around, "Draco!" Harry gasped, putting his hand over his heart, "Bloody hell! You scared me! Y'know, I could've fallen to my death!"

"Ah, but you didn't," Draco replied, pushing himself off the door frame, "don't be so dramatic, Potty. It isn't a good look on you."

Harry rolled his eyes and scooted over, allowing Draco to sit next to him. He mumbled something under his breath.

"Thought you were supposed to be dancing with Astoria?" Harry arched a brow

"I was." Draco shivered, handing Harry his extra glass, "She's bloody awful."

Harry chuckled, rolling his eyes, "what? Did her obsession with you get creepy?"

This time Draco rolled his eyes, "oh, shut up, scarface." He replied, taking a sip from the glass.

Champagne had far too little alcohol content for Draco's taste, but it was something.

There was a few minutes of comfortable silence. Them just staring out into the night. Looking at the stars. Looking at the trees silhouettes.
It felt peaceful.
And for the first time in a while, both Harry and Draco felt at ease.

Draco stood up, "Potter," he called, causing Harry to turn around, looking up at Draco.

Draco bowed, "care to dance?"

Harry smirked, "Of course," he spoke, putting down his glass and placing his hand in Draco's.
Draco pulled him to his feet, resting his free hand on Harry's hip.

"I thought yesterdays dance was going to be the last one?"

Draco hummed, "was," he repeated, "I guess I just couldn't keep myself away from you, Potty." He smirked.

Harry rolled his eyes, a faint blush tinting his cheeks. Too faint for Draco to notice, luckily.

And they danced.
They danced to the faint hum of music caused by the ball.
And they continued dancing when there was no more music, but instead the faint noise of night critters and a stream of water in the distance.

And they kissed.

But this time, neither of them pushed away.
And this time, neither of them wanted to.

And this time, they stayed.

••••

Okay I'm not graduating until like 3 years but im trying to choose my grad quote.

'mY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'
-harry potter

'are you dead sirius?'
-harry potter

'Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven is a prime number and prime numbers can be intimidating.'
-supernatural

'Hello, old friend.
And here we are.
You and me, on the last page.'
-doctor who

'Wibbly wobbly...  Timey Wimey... stuff'
-doctor who

'Please dont speak outloud, you lower the IQ of the entire town.'
-sherlock

'ITS KILLED ME! OH ITS KILLED ME!'
-harry potter

HELP.ME