Chapter Seven

Draco avoided Harry as much as he possibly could.
Everytime he spotted Harry in the halls, he walked the opposite direction.
In the dining hall?
He'd skip that meal.
Library?
Guess he'd have to come back later.

He hated how much his silly little crush affected him, so he avoided his crush as much as possible.

It wasn't a real thing.
It'd pass.
He was sure of it.

Avoiding Harry has allowed Draco to spend much more time with Blaise and Pansy, anyway.
Turns out they weren't dating; (like Draco had expected,) but were freaked out by Draco's behavior.

There was only a couple more days until christmas vacation was over, anyway, which meant Harry would be with his friends. Allowing Draco to get over him much easier.

"Earth to Draco!" Pansy cried, waving her hand infront of Dracos face.

They werr currently in their common room.

"Huh? What?" He snapped, blinking.

"Merlin, you're completely out of it, mate." Blaise stated, "do you want to go down to the hospital wing?"

"No. I'm fine. What is it, Pansy?" Draco questioned, shifting his gaze to Pansy.

"I heard, that a week after christmas vacation they're hosting a small ball, considering Dumbledore is going to be gone for the rest of the year on some important meeting, so he won't be able to go to the graduates ball." Pansy explained, not breaking eye contact with Draco.

"Okay... and?" As soon as Pansy mentioned a ball, his mind darted to Harry's face, and he promised himself he'd scold himself for it later.

"And... I was won--"

"She wants to go to the ball with you." Blaise cut her off, rolling his eyes.

Pansy glared at Blaise, crinsom red taking over her cheeks.

Draco sighed, "sure. Why not." He replied, shifting his gaze towards the flickering fire.

Pansy squealed quietly, quickly covering it up with a cough, before she excused herself to the bathroom.

"It's almost supper." Draco stated, standing up, "I'll meet you two in the dining hall."

Blaise nodded, turning back to his book as Draco exited the Slytherin Dongeons, making his way towards the Dining Hall, hoping Harry wasn't there already.

My luck constantly backfires, doesn't it? Draco thought to himself.

As soon as he turned the corner, Harry Potter was walking his way.
They locked eye contact, and held it for a few seconds, before Draco abruptly turned away, quickly making his way back to the Slytherin dungeons.

"Malfoy! Wait!"

"Go away, Potter." Draco snapped, quickening his pace.

"Draco." Harry snapped.

That was the second time Harry has ever used Draco's first name, and it sent shivers down his spine once more.

Draco nearly stumbled over his feet, but luckily he didn't, he slowed down before he could do so, which he regreted, as Harry had caught a hold of his Wrist.

Draco paused, goosebumps forming up his arms from Harry's contact, "what do you want, Potter?" Draco mumbled, barely audible.

It was silent for a moment, "Answers."

"For?"

"You very well know what for."

Draco broke free of Harry's grasp, folding his arms as he turned around, glaring at Harry, "Elaborate."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Draco Malfoy, you know what im talking about. what the fuck happened last night."

Draco searched Harry's eyes, they were filled with desperation, and a tint of something he couldn't quite pick up... which angered him.

No, You can feel yourself falling for him each time he's so much as near you. The best thing you can do for yourself is stay away from him.

"It was a mistake. Don't worry about it, Potter. It wont happen again." He mumbled.
Of course, saying those words tore Draco apart, but he knew if he admitted his little crush to Harry, his world would fall apart.

Well, more than it already has, atleast.

Harry isn't gay. He's straight.
And if he found out Draco was gay-- let alone liked Harry, his whole reputation would come to an end.

Harry stared at him, feeling... hurt. He felt like Draco just stabbed him, multiple times. Leaving him to bleed out... but he had no idea why, so he quickly covered it up, staying silent.

Draco spun around, walking back down the the Slytherin dungeons, deciding he'd wait for Blaise and Pansy after all, considering he most certainly did not want to run into Potter, again.

Harry stood there for a few more minutes, finally deciding he didn't need to eat, and went straight to the Gryffindor Tower. He told himself he should take a nap, and so he did.

*

This time he wont run into me, Harry thought, as he followed Draco to the room of requirement quietly.

When Draco pushed opened the door, Harry slipped in quietly after him, satisfied he'd be able to see Draco's little secret.

Harry's mouth nearly dropped at the lone item in the room...

The Mirror of Erised.

••••

Why do I keep seeing you and I in it? It can't be my deepest desire. Not really.

My deepest desire should be me with my parents.
Me making them proud.

Something, anything, other than being with you.

But then, why do I keep coming back?