Chapter Fourty-Three

Draco slowly peeled his eyes opened, his head pounding from a migraine. He thought back on what happened, and where he was- when it hit him.

"Harry..." he whispered.

His eyes widened in realization as he shot up in the hospital bed, his eyes burning slightly from the light shining through the large windows.

He looked around him. He was in the hospital wing. He remembered why he was there. He... remembered. Harry.

Draco jumped out of the hospital bed, ignoring the pain that shot through his head.
He rushed towards Miss Pomfrey, who was assisting someone who seemed to have a flu.

"Draco! What are you doing up?!" She gasped when she saw him making a break towards the door.

"I need... I need to see Harry." He explained quickly

His vision was slightly blurry but he ignored it, he was set on finding Harry. And he'd get his way. He needed to see him. It was important... extremely important.

"You can't be up! You've just gained all your memories back-"

"Either you tell me where he is and let me go or I go on my own and take forever in finding him. I'll be here sooner if you choose the first."

Madame Pomfrey sighed, "fine. He went to eat and take a shower. Don't be long, Mr. Malfoy. You have some healing to do." She said sternly.

He nodded and thanked her as he rushed out of the hospital wing, his mind set on finding Harry.

People gave him surprised looks as he rushed down the corridors but he didn't care. He needed to find Harry.
He checked every bathroom after he checked the dining hall. He went down every corridor before catching glimpse of a messy mop of black hair - one which he could recognize from anywhere.

"Harry!" Draco cried out, rushing towards him.

Harry froze when he heard the familiar voice, but turned around just in time for the blond to run into him and wrap his arms around Harry's neck as he dug his face into his shoulder.

Harry stumbled back a bit at the sudden impact, but took no time in wrapping his arms around Draco's lower back, and pushing his face into Draco's hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Draco sobbed into Harry's shoulder, "I'm so sorry."

"Hey, hey, it isn't your fault." Harry's voice cracked.

Happiness overwhelmed him when he processed what was happening.
Draco remembered.
He remembers Harry.

Harry cupped the back of the blonds head, as if he were going to lose him again. He was so happy, yet so scared. What if he lost him again? He couldn't bare the thought. He shivered.

Draco pulled apart from the hug and looked Harry in the eyes.

"Oh Merlin..." tears streaked Draco's face. "I'm so sorry. I put you through... so much pain..." memories of Harry's torn arms pushed themselves into Draco's mind.

Draco cupped Harry's cheek with his left hand, his right hand still gripping onto Harry's shoulder.
Harry lifted his own hand to hold Draco's, "it's fine. It's okay now. Look, you're okay. You remember." Harry laughed softly, tears falling down his own cheeks. "You remember."

"You remember now. You're okay. I'm okay... we're okay." Harry pressed his forehead against Draco's and closed his eyes, "we're okay."

Draco also closed his eyes as well, savoring the moment shared between them. He knew, in the back of his mind, that their good luck wouldn't last.
He knew he still had that contract.