Chapter Twenty-Two

Draco's heart felt as though it were about to leap out of his chest,  but he hid it well, keeping his voice monotone or sarcastic, and his facial features neutral.

"Make it quick," Draco snapped, "I need to get ready for the ball."

Harry nodded, dropping his hands from Draco's shoulders and taking a step back, giving Draco - who was still backed against the wall - some space.
But not too much incase he decided to make a break for it.

Harry rubbed the back of his neck.  He honeslty didn't think he'd get this far, so he didn't really prepare a speach.

"I'm... really sorry about yesterday..." He mumbled.

"Oh, thank you so much, Potter," Draco rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "I can really feel the sincerity radiating off of you." He said sarcastically.

"Draco," Harry locked eyes with him, "I really am sorry," he said genuinely, "I really..."

Draco rolled his eyes, "whatever. I see you're able to walk again. I guess I won't need to keep care of you anymore." Draco stated. "So it doesn't matter how sorry you are. I'm done with you, Potter. I can't take being around you. It wears me out. Now, if you'll excuse me-" he stepped past Harry, "I have a ball to get ready for."

"Draco! Please!" Harry begged.
Draco paused, waiting for him to continue. His back still facing Harry.

"I want another chance. Please. We worked so hard to be able to be near eachother without ripping out eachothers throats. Please, Draco... I don't want to throw away the progress we've done!"

There was a long silence, before Draco broke it;

"You already threw it away." Was all he said, before walking out of the common room.

Harry just stood there, his eyes glued to the spot Draco once stood.

*

"Draco!" Pansy gasped, "You look so handsome! Astoria is so lucky!"

Draco had a slim, pure black tuxedo on, followed by a forest green tie.

"I always look Handsome," Draco snapped, "and she'd be lucky anyway."

Pansy rolled her eyes at his cocky comment, a smirk still lingering on her lips.
She looked around before stepping closer to Draco, "how's it with Potter?" She whispered.

She was the only one that knew about Draco's 'little' crush on Harry.

He looked away, "horrid."

Pansy frowned, about to speak before she got cut off. Blaise stepped beside her, wrapping his hand around her waist.

"Where's Astoria?" He asked.

"We agreed on meeting eachother there," Draco sighed, running a hand through his hair; afterwards cursing at himself.

I spent an hour cementing my hair to my head and I've already gone and messed it up. Screw Potter for saying my hair looked better unkempt, now I don't know how to maintain it.

"You look stressed," Blaise commented, "Are you okay?"

"No," Was all Draco said, before walking out of the Slytherin common room, leaving a confused Blaise and worried Pansy.

As soon as Draco walked out of the common room, he was grabbed by the wrist and yanked into a broom closet.

He immediately drew his wand out, "whose there?"