Chapter Seventeen

"Sir," Harry spoke, "why did we have to pack our bags? Are we expelled?"

Harry and Draco were now standing infront of Dumbledore outside his office, trunks by their side... but each of them knew they weren't being expelled. They each had a strong idea as to what was about to happen; and neither of them were happy about it.

Ron and Hermione were equally as confused as to why Harry was leaving the Gryffindor tower, and confused more when Harry didn't know really why either.
And so were Pansy and Blaise with Draco.

"No no, Harry, of course not," Dumbledore shook his head, bringing his hands together infront of his stomach, "you two will be roommates."

Harry's eyes widened and Draco could've sworn he died a little bit more inside, as they both stared wide-eyed at the headmaster.

"You... you can't be serious," Harry stuttered, his heart fluttering with anxiety.

"Oh, Harry, I'm very serious." Dumbledore smiled.

Great. This gives Draco the perfect opportunity to smother me in my sleep. Bloody perfect.

"Follow me, you two," Dumbledore spoke, ripping Harry from his thoughts as they followed Dumbledore down the corridor.

"Now, the rules to this dorm are simple," Dumbledore stated, "No one is allowed in this dorm, but you two are allowed in your house common room. You have the same curfew, but you must sleep in your dorm," Dumbledore explained, "There are two seperate bedrooms, a common room, and a bathroom. There is also a dining table incase you two decide to eat in your dorm, which is perfectly fine, but you must get the food yourself from the great hall- oh, we're here." He cut himself off, stopping infront of a large portrait of what looked like to be a pirate.

"The password is Sweettarts," he told them, as the portrait opened up, allowing them to step inside.

As soon as you stepped in you'd first see a staircase, leading up to a loft like place, a rail gaurding you from falling, yet you could barely see what was up there considering of how high it was.

"Professor, Why do you have this room?"

"Well, my brother originally made it due to a problem similar to this one... two students were constantly fighting, so he put them in a dorm together." Dumbledore explained, "anyways, I'll leave you two to settle in, goodnight, boys." He smiled, exiting the dorm quickly.

The tension in the room was thick, so Harry awkwardly looked around the room.

There was a red couch which stood infront of the fire pit, along with a forest green armchair which sat next to the couch, slightly diagonal so it got a good view of the fire as well. Behind the couch, up against the wall, stood a small, two-person hardwood table, ontop of it a tea set.

To the right wall was a door, which Harry guessed was the bathroom.

"I'm going to uh... go unpack." Harry said quietly, quickly walking up the stairs with his trunk.

Draco had barely spoke a word since they got there, probably in the whole day as well considering when he took glances over to the Slytherin table, he was just staring off into space.

Once he got to the landing of the loft, the first thing he saw was three large windows (which touched from the floor to the ceiling) a few feet infront of him.

To the left there was a door, and to the right there was another, his guess was it was his and Draco's room.

He turned the one to the left, the door squeaking slightly as he pushed it opened.

His room wasn't too big, and it had maroon red walls.

On one side of the wall stood a large bookcase, holding a few books, and a few empty shelves for him to fill himself. On the other side of the room was a small, single-sized bed that was sat  in the corner, against the walls, and had a gryffindor-themed comforter and pillows.
Next to the bed was a small nightstand with a lamp on it.

On the opposite side of the room were four large windows (the same length as the ones in the hallway) with curtains draping over them. A deep red armchair sat in the corner infront of one of the windows.

At the foot of the bed, against the wall, was a tall wardrobe, where Harry would fill his clothes.

He guessed Draco's room was the same, except it being green and slytherin-y.

Harry sighed, his ear twitching at the squeak of the stairs, signalling someone was coming up.

He watched as Draco hurled his trunk up the stairs, and went straight to his room, not even glancing at Harry.

Harry's jaw clenched, this is my fault. He wouldn't be here if I would've just fucking eat.

He walked over to Draco's room, knocking on the door frame, "Ma...Draco... I--"

"Go away." Draco snapped, not turning his back from Harry.

He was crouched over his trunk, holding his arm.

"I just wanted to say sorry... and..." he furrowed his eyebrows, "whats wrong with your arm?"

"Nothing. Get out." Draco hissed again, pulling what Harry assumed to be his sleeve down, considering Harry could only see his back.

"Drac--"

"Dont call me that."

"Malfoy," Harry rolled his eyes, "What's wrong?"

"I have to share a dorm with you."

"Malfoy," Harry sighed; annoyed, "What's really wrong?"

"What? You don't think sharing a dorm with you won't cause me to get upset?" Draco asked, clenching his jaw.

He needs to leave me alone.

"Malfoy," Harry said, as though he were warning him.

"Just, leave me alone, would you?"

Harry sighed, doing as he was told and going back to his room to unpack.

•••••

I'm hurting right now. I'm hurting so so much.
Its hard to breath. I'm always shaking. My foreaem... hurts... so much... my whole forearm... from scratches- from scratching at my dark mark.

I just want you.
I want you to be mine.
But that isn't going to happen.
Even if you wanted it, too.
It could get both of us hurt.

Especially if my father found out.

I have to find a way to distance us.
Maybe if I dont talk to you.
Maybe... maybe you'll give up... and maybe we'll go back to our original houses.

Maybe then I'll be better.
Maybe I just need more reasons to hate you..

Merlin, I hope this stupid crush ends soon.

But... it just seems to be growing.