Chapter Thirty-Four

SORRY FOR THE FUCKING WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO START THIS FUCKING CHAPTER AND SCHOOL HAS ME STRESSED THE FUCK OUT

--

Due to the shocking news on Lucius Malfoy's recent escape, classes have been cancelled, and Hogwarts has been locked up. Dumbledore advised that no one was to exit Hogwarts until Lucius was once again captured, and that classes would continue as usual on Monday.

But Harry, being the rebel he was, decided to leave the castle.
Harry, of course, knew this was a bad idea. But he couldn't bare to be in those walls any longer, especially considering quidditch practice has been cancelled. He was beyond stressed about everything; going from school work to his boyfriend.
He didn't care if he were the one to get hurt, as long as Draco was safe, he was fine. Knowing he was safe made him feel a bit better.

And so, Harry snuck out, leaving Draco in the castle.

But Draco wasn't stupid.

"Potter!" Draco called out, "what the bloody hell are you doing?!"

Harry clucked his tongue and turned around, facing the blond.

"I'm going to Hogsmeade." Harry replied simply.

Draco pinched the bridge of his nose, "we're not supposed to be outside of hogwarts. And why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Yes, and what would've happened if you were kidnapped by a death eater? And I were to never know?" Draco asked, frowning, "I would've thought you've run away from me."

Harry felt a wave of guilt hit him at Draco's words, so he grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him closer to Harry, their chests touching.

"I know, I'm sorry." He apologized before planting a kiss on Draco's forehead, "come on, I'm sure it's safe in Hogsmeade. We'll just go to the Three Broomsticks and come straight back, deal?"

Draco paused before rolling his eyes, "The Gryffindor in you is going to get us killed." He sighed.

Harry smiled, and they began walking to Hogsmeade, hand in hand.

*

There were a lot of people in Hogsmeade. More than usual, Harry thought.
Plenty of... strange people, as well, who seemed to be staring - more like glaring - at Draco and Harry.

"Harry," Draco started, "those people are staring at us weird."

Harry shrugged, "maybe it's because we're holding hands." Harry suggested, but neither of them made a move to let go of each other.
It felt comforting for their hands to be intertwined. Like a safety blanket.

They just got to the Three Broomsticks, when they suddenly heard screaming.

Draco's heart skipped, his mind instantly racing to two words; Death Eaters.

He didn't want to think about it. He shoved it back to the farthest part of his brain, hoping - praying to Merlin it wasn't Death Eaters.
But something in his gut told him he already knew what they were.

People ran from the direction they just came in, plowing through Draco and Harry.
Harry pulled Draco into his chest and pushed himself down, so he was covering Draco from a nearby bomb - at least, that's what it sounded like.

"We need to get out of here," Harry breathed, pushing himself off Draco while at the same time helping him up.

They linked hands once more and began running with the screaming crowd, trying to get out of whatever chaos was currently happening.