Chapter twenty

I finally got 1k reads!!

••••

It was a day before the ball, and everyone - except for Harry - was freaking out about it. People were trying to get last minute dates, last minute ball gowns and robes, last minute everything. It was a mess, and Harry wanted no part in it... so he did his best to avoid it.

Draco on the other hand decided not to go with Pansy... he decided they were better off being friends, and she agreed to it. She said she wanted to go with Blaise anyway.
She was completely fine with it, and said she thought the same thing. Which shocked Draco at first, but he was relieved nonetheless.

He couldn't lose another friend.

So, he decided (since his dad had wanted the two to get married in the future,) to go with Astoria Greengrass... whom was extraordinarily excited when he had asked, and had apparently turned down every other guy who asked her, just waiting for Draco.
Which made him... slightly uncomfortable.

He didn't want to go with her nonetheless, he wanted to go with Harry. But he knew for a fact that even if Harry himself wanted to as well, he wouldn't be able to. For multiple complicated reasons.

Draco - out of habit - flicked his gaze towards the Gryffindor table, to the spot where Harry usually sat between Ron and Hermione.
But his eyes landed on an empty space.

Confused, he stood up. "Ill be back," he told pansy, and walked towards Harry's two friends, "Granger," Draco called, getting not only hers, but Rons attention.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Ron snarled, glaring at the blond.

"I wasn't talking to you, Weasel." Draco snapped, turning back to Hermione, "where's Potter?"

"He--"

"Why would you care?" Ron cut in viciously, not allowing Hermione to speak.

"Because, if you haven't heard the big news, I'm supposed to be taking care of the prat. Now, where is he?"

"He's-"

"He doesnt need you!" Ron cut in once more, getting an annoyed glare from Hermione.

"Would you let the woman talk, Weasel," Draco snapped, annoyance laced in his tone, "where is he?"

"He wen't to the clock tower - I think..." Hermione replied, "I don't know what he was going to do, but when I tried convincing him to eat, he refused, said he had something important to do. I haven't seen Ginny around either. They could be together as well."

Draco nodded, "thanks," he mumbled, quickly walking out of the dining hall, jealousy bubbling in his veins.

He didn't know why he was jealous - well, he did... but it wasn't like they were dating anyway, and it wasn't like he could do anything about the git dating anyone. So... he shouldn't be jealous. Nothing more will ever happen between them anyway.

Right?

Draco quickly made his way up the clock tower. When he finally made it, he quietly peaked his head through the doorway. He instantly spied Harry, who was sitting alone against the clocks window; his knees to his chest.

His jealousy died down, and he slowly approached the black-haired boy. "hey." Draco called, causing Harry to snap out of his daze.

He flickered his jade eyes to Draco, relaxing once he realized who it was, "hey," Harry replied; looking back out the window.

Draco sat on the opposite side of the circle-like structure, looking out of the same circular window as Harry, "what are you doing up here? Alone?"