Part 7

Thank god the hospital was only 10 minutes away. Unfortunately, you were a fast runner, but Jimin wasn't as fast as you. You were so far ahead you had to grab his wrist so he could be at least closer to you.

"How much farther?" he whined.

You angrily turned back and shouted, "Don't whine you wanted to come." As you looked back to the street, a car was about to crash into you, but Jimin pulled you into a hug-like position, his breath tickling the hairs on your neck.

You quietly say "Thank you," and continued to run, making sure he was following you before you crossed the street.

Once you got to the hospital, you see Dr. Holden flipping through documents at the front desk.

"Dr. Holden!" you shouted.

He rushes over to you and greets you in a sad way. "Who is this?" he asked you as he went to shake Jimin's hand.

"He's a friend, so what's going on with my mom?" you asked quickly.

Dr. Holden escorted you and Jimin to the room, explaining the situation on the way there.

Jimin quietly waited outside of the room. It wasn't his place to come inside with you, he'd just met you yesterday. You cried and cried as the doctor explained how long your mom was expected to be in the coma.

"3 weeks isn't so bad compared to the average of 2 years. She's going to be okay, don't worry about it," Dr. Holden said. "It's a semi-coma, so she won't be asleep for long."

"Thank you, doctor. Remember my brother, Seokmin?"

"Of course. He's the guy who has never broken a bone?" Dr. Holden joked. In fact, your brother had broken almost every bone in his body before he was 17.

"Hah, yes that's him. Well he's trying to come to L.A. so he can help with my mom because I'm very busy with my competitions and I don't have a car, so Seokmin wants to stay with her. I'm just letting you know so in case you come to check on her and see my brother you won't be surprised."

"Alright I'll keep that in mind."

"I have to go, but please take care of my mother." You look over toward your mother before leaving and a tear falls down your face.

"She's going to be okay, Y/N," Dr. Holden said as he put his hand on your shoulder. Dr. Holden has been your family's doctor since you moved here. He was your father's best friend before your dad moved to South Korea. He'd met your mother when she was in college, and past away before you were born.

You left the room with watery eyes. Jimin saw you and handed you a tissue.

"I figured you could use one," he softly spoke.

You were so upset and sad that your mom had gone into a coma, you hugged him. You were desperate for some comfort. You had no one to comfort you, no family members, no friends (because they didn't know), no one. Dr. Holden's job isn't to help comfort you, he's the one who tells you your mom's condition. Blake was nice to you, but she didn't hug you, or tell you everything was going to be okay. All she cared about was whether or not you wanted to dance. Jimin was kind enough to keep you company. It probably took Jimin by surprise, but after a little while, he slouched and put his arms around you. He played with your hair and rubbed your back, letting you wet his shirt with your tears.

You were hugging for a long time, just standing there in the hallway as people passed by. Even though you hated hugs, you'd been hugged a lot, friends and family would tease you by hugging you. Jimin's hug was comforting and relaxing. He warmed up your body and made you feel better. You could say this was the best hug you'd ever been given(?). You didn't want to let go, and you could sense that Jimin didn't want to either. A wave of relaxation absorbed your body, the waterfall coming from your eyes had stopped. His heartbeat was somewhat relaxing. You let out a big sigh and continued to hug him.

"Do you want to get something to eat? You must be starving," Jimin whispered into your ear.

"Sure, anything is fine. I've haven't had breakfast today, so yeah I'm really hungry," you laughed.

"McDonald's?" he asked.

"Oh that's sounds so good." You both giggled and continued to hug for a little longer.

"Thank you," you said.

"For what?"

"For comforting me, I really needed it."