Part 8

After you ordered your food and sat at a table, you began to converse about dancing, school, and Korea.

"You're from Busan!?" you exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

"Me too!"

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Awesome!"

"But I didn't live there for a long time, maybe 3 years."

"Ohh. But do you remember anything?"

"All I remember is my old house and a park. I don't remember the name, but it was beautiful. There was a bridge over a lake, and cherry blossom trees. Those are my favorite."

"Wait are you talking about Kireina? That park that was named by a Japanese guy?"

"Yes! That's the one."

"I love that place! I used to go there everyday when I was a trainee."

"Oh. Has it changed?"

"Not really, but I haven't been there in a long time," Jimin answered sadly.

The person who took your order called your name and said your order was ready. You got up, but Jimin put his hand on your shoulder and pushed you back down into your seat.

"Let me get it."

"No, I can get it."

"No, you already bought it. Let me, please." He walked away before you could say anything.

When he came back, you grabbed your food from the tray and he grabbed his. At the same time, you both said "잘 먹겠습니다 (I will eat very well)!" and laughed. Even though you lived in America longer than you did in Busan, your mom still taught and made you follow Korean customs, traditions, etc. 

"You owe me next time," you said and regretted it immediately.

His cheeks turned red and he nodded.

Ugh good job Y/N. Is there even going to be a next time?

You both ate in silence. Then a ringing sound went off and you check your phone, but it's not coming from it. It was Jimin's phone.

"Jin hyung is calling me," he said. It seemed like he didn't want to answer, probably because it's rude to some people to answer at the table.

"Go ahead answer," you spoke.

He hesitantly accepted the call.

"Jin hyung."

*mumbling from the phone*

"Twitter? Why?" Jimin said as he met your eyes. He looked confused.

*more mumbling*

"Is PD-nim angry?"

*more mumbling*

"Phew. Does he want to see me?"

*more mumbling*

"Oh okay." Jimin ended the phone call and looked frustrated.

"What happened?" you softly asked.

"Well, it seems I've got a problem. A BTS fan was at the hospital at the same time as us" he said as he scrolled on his phone. "Whoever this person is took a photo of us and posted it online." He passed you his phone so you could see the photo. It was a photo of you guys hugging. "There are rumors going around and our fans are freaking out," he continued.

"I'm sorry," you muffled.

"No don't be sorry."

"But I am. Now you'll have to deal with the press just because I needed comfort. It's my fault."

"No please don't feel bad. None of this is your fault. Sure I'll have to deal with the media, but PD-nim isn't mad. He just wants to stop the rumors. And it's not your fault that you needed comfort. You're human. Everyone needs a hug once in a while, right?" he smiled. His words just wrapped around you like a soft, warm, cozy blanket.

"We have to go back to the studio to help PD-nim and Blake and the others understand the situation," Jimin explained. He grabbed the trash and threw it away. As he walked back to the table, he said, "I have to go to the bathroom, so wait for me by the entrance."

You started walking away from him, but he grabbed your arm.

He tried not to make eye contact with you. He looked at the ground and smiled. "The hug was great, though."