Part 9

"I'm so sorry to hear that," PD-nim said as he put his hand on your shoulder.

"How do we clear this up without mentioning Y/N or her mom?" Jimin spoke up.

"That's going to be tough, there are rumors that you two are dating," Blake chimed in. "Are you?"

"No!" you and Jimin said at the same time. You nervously played with your fingers.

"Are you sure?" Blake teased.

You rolled your eyes, "Yes."

"How about we just say that Y/N is a good friend from my childhood and I haven't seen her in a long time, but we don't mention her name?" Jimin asked.

"That might work," PD-nim said as he nodded his head at a slow pace. "Hmm. Okay. The fans might get jealous, but they're jealous of everyone you and the others interact with," he added.

It felt like a huge weight was lifted off your shoulders. The meeting went better than expected.

"One thing, though," PD-nim said as you walked away.

You turned to him and politely asked, "What?"

"You seem to have gotten very close, but I'm afraid you and Jimin can't be seen together. If our idea works, and you get spotted in public again, it would create more controversy and people would start more rumors," he apologetically said.

Jimin scratches the back of his head nervously as he slowly nods in agreement. You agree as well and walk out the door, deciding to grab some takeout before going back to your place.

You get a phone call from Seokmin as you're about to exit the studio. You answer and take a seat on the bench in the front office.

"Hello?"

"Y/N! My boss gave me 3 weeks vacation, so I booked a flight for tomorrow."

"Oh my god, that's awesome," you replied.

He giggled and continued, "Can you pick me up at LAX? I land at 10pm."

"Um I think I'll be able to, maybe I can borrow, oh wait hold on." The members were leaving the studio and they were all saying goodbye to you. You waved at them, but Jimin walked over to you.

"If you want to talk," he whispered and handed you a slip of paper with his number on it.

You smiled and covered the speaker so Seokmin couldn't hear. "Thanks. I'm on the phone with my brother so.."

"Oh sorry, bye."

You waved and returned to your phone call.

"Sorry I had to say goodbye to some friends. So anyway I think I can use mom's car. The keys might be in the house, and I think you should stay there."

"Wait, can't I just stay at your place?"

"I don't think you'd want to sleep on a sofa bed."

"I don't mind. I want to be with you. I don't want to be alone in the old house."

"Okay, okay. So I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10 at LAX?"

"Yeah. I should go pack."

"Hey wait is it just you?"

"Yeah, Jiyeon couldn't get any days off."

"Oh okay. So I'll see you soon."

"I love you."

"I love you too," you said before hanging up.

You let out a small sigh and see Jimin standing by the door talking to Suga. Had he heard your conversation? It didn't matter, he already saw you cry a river and knows that your mom's in a coma.

*Jimin's POV*

"If you want to talk." He nervously said as he gave her his number.

She smiles at him, making his body tingle. Her smile was so breathtaking.

"Thanks. I'm on the phone with my brother so.." she softly spoke.

"Oh sorry, bye."

She waved at him as he headed toward the door, making him feel happy.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?" he asked as he spotted Suga walking to the bus.

"Sure. What's wrong?"

"You know Y/N, right?"

"Yeah, that girl we saw at the club the other day?"

"Yeah, that's her. Well, I wasn't really expecting to, but I've developed feelings for her and they aren't going away anytime soon, but PD-nim said we can't be seen together anymore because of the incident from earlier. How do I see her?"

"That stinks. But you can't get closer to her or else you're going to be devastated when we leave," Suga advised. He put his arm on his shoulder.

"But hyung, I really like her."

"I understand. I get that she's a wonderful person, and I want you to be happy, but you just have to face the facts. It'll be really hard for you to leave her if you keep getting closer. I hate to say it, but it's true. Don't break her heart, and don't let her break yours," he added before heading back to the bus.

Suga's advice was always incredibly useful, but this was a difficult situation and one little piece of advice wasn't going to help him decide what to do. He really wants to get to know Y/N, but he doesn't want to hurt her or himself. He glanced over to Y/N and saw her end her phone call. She had a tired look on her face and he imagined going to go hug her and talk to her. He saw himself telling her that he liked her right then and there, but Jungkook ran up to him and ended it.

"Hyung, we're waiting for you on the bus."

"Oh sorry," he said as he fell out of his daydream.