Chapter Fifteen

Damon stops with his back towards me and I can see his shoulders stiffen up a little. He grips onto the end of my hospital bed and shakes his head. He turns back towards me and stares at me with his blue eyes,

"You're different." He says softly.

"What?" I come back at his words confused. 

"I don't know if that is good or not though." He whispers to himself.  "But all I know is that I do not deserve you, no matter how much I want you."

I look away from Damon and look towards Stefan and Elena who are staring towards us. Elena catches my eyes and sighs softly to herself before quickly looking away towards Stefan who is staring at Damon confused. 

"Maybe we should go." Stefan says clearing his throat. 

"No." Damon says quickly. "I was just leaving anyways."

I look up towards Damon quickly with pleading eyes for him to stay. I did not want him leaving, he can't leave. 

"Damon, please." I whimper out at him, quickly sitting up in pain. But ignoring it. Ignoring the burning pain in my lungs, the pounding in my head, and the stinging pain in my legs and arms. I grab a hold of Damons shirt with the tightest grip I could make, not daring to let him go as he begins moving back.

"Peyton, let go." He begs as I shake my head, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. "Peyton, do not make it harder on yourself, let go."

"No!" I scream at him.

Damon sighs and looks at me before cupping his hand on my cheek. He stares into my eyes and leans towards me slowly, his lips getting closer to mine. I flutter my eyes closed waiting for the contact of his lips upon mine, losing grip on his shirt. 

"Thank you." He whispers softly, as I could feel his warm breath hitting my lips. Damon quickly pulls away and walks out of the room. I look towards Elena and Stefan broken. Heartbroken was the word. He left. No goodbye. No I love you. Just gone. 

"Pey-" I hear Elena begin, but I raise my hand up quickly telling her to stop.

I look down at my blanket covered legs and feel the tears stream down my cheeks quickly. My chest closing up. Beep, Beep, Beep. It gets faster and faster. To the point where all I could hear was rapid beeping noises and the wheezing of my lungs trying to get air. 

Pain. That was all I could feel, was pain. 

-Damon p.o.v-

The bar was were I like to go after the shit I just put myself and Peyton through. The sensation of the first bourbon that went down into my stomach was something I missed. 

"Another one?" The pretty girl behind the bar, that I come to find out her name was Samantha asks. 

"Make it two more." I smirk towards her. I could smell her blood, human blood. Something that I've grown to miss over the last while. 

"And what's troubling you tonight?" She says seductively. "Anything I can help with?"

I smirk towards her before standing up and walking towards her. "How about you come find out?" I whisper into her ear before walking out back of the bar. 

Hey, here is another update guys. I am sorry it is shorter. But I am working on uploading more and more chapters. Please comment and vote:) Thank you guys!