Chapter 11

Sam's POV

"No... I was not aware that she was pregnant," I breathe out before standing up again. Fred nods sadly and pats my back.

"She's allowed visitors if you want to bring people up..." He says before patting my back once more and going to attend to the other patients.

I breathe out before walking back down the hallway to the vistors lounge.

"Daddy!" Ellie yells as I open the door. I smile lightly and pick her up as she crashes into me.

"Hey princess..." I kiss her head and settle her on my hip.

"How is she?" Tessa asks anxiously, her eyes glossy. I look at her and feel guilty... I dont want to tell her that her best friend has absolute no memory of her.

"Physically, very healthy, should be completely healed in a few days..." I say quietly. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief... everyone but Jeremy who stares at me skeptically.

"What arent you telling us?" He says, gently removing Tessa from his lap and walking towards me. I look up and turn my body slightly so Ellie is out of Jeremy's reach. He stops moving, realizing how I'm in a defensive stance.

"Sam... what arent you telling us?" He says again. I look down at Ellie once more before sighing, not trusting my voice to say the words.

"S-she doesnt remember," My voice gives but I breathe in again, "She doesnt remember any of us..." I look up to see everyone's faces.

Jeremy looks to the floor before slowly sinking to the ground. Grace's mother cries softly into her mate's shoulder as he cries silently. Blake gives me a sad look as he hugs Heidi, trying to soothe her cries.

"Any of us?" Tessa says quietly. I look to Tessa, regretting it as soon as I saw the silent tears trailing down her cheeks.

I shake my head, trying to hold back my sob.

"No one," I kiss Ellie's head and bury my face into her neck as I sob queitly.

"Oh Sam..." I hear Tessa say before feeling her frail arms embrace Ellie and I.

"Daddy... Why are you crying?" Ellie says, confusion in her voice. I pull away from Ellie to look at her, giving a forced smile.

She smiles back and kisses my cheek.

"Because im sad..." I tell her, brushing her curls out of her eyes.

"Why are you sad?" She tilts her head slightly, like a puppy, and I cant help but let out a breathy laugh.

"Because mommy doesnt really remember anything at the moment," I say quietly.

"Can I see mommy?" She asks quietly. I nod and look at everyone, nodding the direction of Grace's room.

We all walk down the hall to Grace's room. My hands begin to shake as her room comes into view.

"I'll bring Jeremy in first cause she remembered she had a brother..." I say, turning around to face everyone. They all nod as Jeremy steps up, giving the door an anxious look. I pass Ellie to Grace's father before turning back around.

I breathe out one last time before grasping the handle and pushing the door open. Jeremy walks in first, me trailing behind.

"Jeremy!" Grace smiles, standing up quickly and lightly limping over to Jeremy.

"You remember?" Jeremy asks in amazement. I stare wide eyed, feeling sad and almost jealous?

"I guess so?... All I could remember was that I had a brother and when I saw your face it cliqued!" She laughs softly before walking back over to her bed and settling in the covers.