Chapter 7

Sam's POV (ohh this is new😏😂)

RING!
RING!

I groan loudly and rub my eyes before reaching back and grabbing my phone.

"Hello?" I say groggily before moving Grace gently and sitting up.

"You have a beautiful family..." A robotic like voice says menacingly.

My body goes ridged as I furrow my brows angrily.

"Who the hell is this!" I say furious as I get out of bed and start to pace back and forth.

"Your daughter... Elaine? Yeah Elaine!" He laughs cynically,"She's going to grow up to be a real heartbreaker."

I clench my fist and lock my jaw as I feel my wolf start to emerge.

"You touch my daughter I will-"

"What?" He says interrupting me,"You gonna rip my throat out?" He says with a laugh. "You cant do anything to me... If you dont even know me!" He growls.

I take heavy breaths trying to calm down.

"Your daughter is truly an angel... and that other kid, whats his name? Landon? I have a feeling they're gonna be together... Perhaps he can already smell her peppermint scent..." My eyes go wide in realization.

I drop the phone and sprint down to the playroom where Ellie and Landon are. Gripping the door almost ripping it off the hinges.

I instantly drop down next to Ellie seeing her fast asleep next Landon. Looking around the room, I feel a breeze and realize that the window was wide open. I walk over to the window and smell the air.

Nothing! Absolutely no scent left! I growl lowly and slam the window shut and lock it.

"Daddy?" I hear Ellie's sweet voice.

"Hey honey..." I whisper softly. I walk over and crouch down next to her and rub her back. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you..."

"Daddy..." She says as her lip begins to quiver. I quickly pick her up and lay her head in the crook of my neck.

"Whats wrong princess?" I kiss her head and rub her back.

"The-...There was a man..." She whispers, "I didnt want him to hurt Landon so I kept my eyes closed."

I clench my jaw but keep my cool not wanting to scare her.

"Did he touch you or hurt you?" I ask her.

She nods her head no. "No... but he whispered something to me before he jumped out the window."

"What did he say?" I ask frantically.

"He said, 'I'll see you s-s..s-" She begins but stutters on the last word.

"Someday?" I ask her.

"Mhmm." She nods.

"Okay... I want you and Landon to go stay with mommy alright?" I kiss her head before standing her up.

"Hey buddy..." I whisper and gently shake Landon awake.

"Hmmm..." He says tiredly.

"Can you go with Ellie for me?" I ask him. He nods and stands up before following Ellie to my room.

'Get Jeremy and Ryan. My office now.' I mind link Blake before jogging down the stairs to my office.

I sit in my chair and lean my head on my hands. The door opens to reveal a frantic Blake, tired Ryan, and annoyed Jeremy.