Chapter 4

Grace's POV

I huff as I get the last suitcase zipped up before Sam comes.

"Ellie baby, do you have your suitcase packed?" I yell down the hall.

"Yes mommy!" I hear her yell before she runs down the hall dragging her tiny suitcase behind her.

I laugh and pick her up and kiss her cute little cheeks.

"You guys ready?!" The door opens to reveal Sam, Jeremy, and the guy that I never got his name.

"Grace, this is my third in command, Ryan," Sam says before he and Jeremy grab our bags. I smile and shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you..." I let go and grab my carry on bag before picking up Ellie. I quickly lock the door before walking to the car.

Sam promised that we would come back for the rest of our things in a few weeks. I also had to send Rick a letter saying that I quit, but I didn't forget the cookies! I sent in my resignation to my photography agency last night so everything was set.

I settle Ellie into her carseat before getting stuck in the middle next to Jeremy.

"You always made me sit in the middle whenever we had carpool..." I huff and cross my arms annoyed. I hear Sam laugh quietly from the front seat making me slump down and my brother nudge me playfully.

"Mommy..." Ellie says quietly.

"Yes honey?" I look at her and lean closer.

"Where are we going?" She gives me a cute confused look before swinging her legs back and forth.

I smile and softly brush her little brown curls away from her face. Thats one of the things I love about Elaine. She is the perfect mix of Sam and myself.

She inherited his gorgeous eyes and lips, while getting my soft brown waves and button nose. I can already tell as well that she has got the Alpha gene seeing as though she was quite a heavy child.

"We are going back to live by Grammie and Papa..." I smile at her.

"Really?!" She looks at me with big eyes before smiling widely and looking out the window.

I smile at her excitement and catch Sam looking at us from the rear view mirror. He smiles at me and I smile back before looking at the ground feeling my cheeks heat up.

***
After getting to the airport and sitting on a 2 hour plane ride, we finally made it back to my hometown.

I smile at the familiar cold breeze and look around.

Another hour and before I know it we are pulling into a huge driveway leading into the forest.

I gasp as we come up to a big mansion like thing. The car stops and I eagerly climb over Jeremy staring at the building in awe.

"Like it?" I turn around to face Sam who is looking at me with a slight smirk. I nod awestruck and continue to take in the beautiful white mansion.

"What the hell did you put in these things?!" I look back to see Jeremy struggle to get my bags out.

"Suck it up! I can easily carry them..." I laugh before effortlessly picking up my other bag and shoving it into Jeremy's chest.

He just sticks his tongue at me as I go back into the car to grab my purse.

"I got Ellie..." I hear Sam say from behind me. I look back to see Ellie playing with his quiffed dark brown hair.

We walk into the house and go upstairs to get settled. I told Sam that I wanted to start super slow and share a room with Ellie. He understood but didn't like the idea.