Chapter 13

Grace's POV

*2 WEEKS LATER*

Its been 2 weeks since I've been released from the hospital and was told that I was pregnant. My stomach has gotten signifigantly bigger in the past couple of weeks.

Sam is constantly by my side which is very sweet but also VERY annoying. I can't even go to the bathroom without him kicking down the door. And this has happened more than once.

I'm currently in bed, snuggled up in one of Sam's over sized shirts, mentally preparing myself for tonight when we annouce to everyone that I'm pregnant. Now I say "mentally preparing" myself lightly because thats what I told Sam when he wanted me to go early with him to see his parents.

This whole time we've been together and I haven't met his parents face to face. Of course I had heard of them and saw them speak at the pack meetings when I was younger, but I never had a personal relationship with them.

They probably think I'm a slut. We havent even met and I'm already pregnant with their second grandchild!

I smile at the thought of my baby and absentmindly stroke my belly. Closing my eyes, I concentrate and eventually hear their tiny heart beat, creating a beautiful melody with mine.

My eyes shoot open as the door creaks open.

"Oh sorry! I didnt mean to wake you... I just came to tell you that you need to start getting ready." Sam smiles sheepishly before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Its okay, I wasnt sleeping," I smile, waving my hand for him to come closer. He obeys and climbs next to me, resting one hand on my belly and the other around my shoulders. "I was listening to the baby's heart beat."

He smiles before closing his eyes trying to hear our little baby's heart. I watch intently seeing his ears perk up a bit before his face breaks into a smile.

"Its so beautiful..." He says amazed. I giggle and run my fingers through his hair, my heart swelling at his affection for our baby. I continue to stroke his hair before he opens his eyes, his face falling into a frown.

I stop and sit up more, concern starting to flow through my veins.

"Whats wrong babe?" I ask, rubbing my hand soothingly against his back.

"Nothing..." He shakes his head before getting up. I frown annoyed and hop off the bed as well.

"Samuel Kourt you better tell me right now why your upset or I will...." I look around the room for something to threaten him with before continuing, "I'll throw your x-box out the window." I smirk mischeviously.

His eyes widen slightly before coming together slightly.

"You wouldnt throw it out the window..." He says more as a question than a fact.

I quirk an eyebrow and cross my arms over my bump, "You wanna bet?"

He continues to stare before sighing and sitting back down on the bed. I smile in victory before walking back over to him and standing between his knees.

"Now... whats wrong?" I ask, running my fingers through his hair and lightly rubbing his shoulders.

He sighs again before staring directly into my eyes, "I didnt get to be with you when you were pregnant with Elaine... and when I heard their tiny heart beat," He smiles at my stomach and begins to caress it lightly, "... it reminded me of how I never got to experience this with Ellie."

I smile slightly and kiss his cheek. He looks up at me and I capture his lips with mine in a loving kiss.

"Thats in our past Sam, so lets leave that there and continue to move forward. I know that its tough knowing that you weren't there for Ellie's pregnancy and that falls on me too, but, your here now and thats all that matters." I stare at him, waiting for a response as he continues to rub my belly. He slowly nods and kisses my lips softly.