Chapter 5

Grace's POV

"Mommy"
"Mommy"
"Momma"
"Momma"

Feeling tiny pokes on my cheek.

"Honey please stop..." I say groggily.

"But momma I'm hungry!" She whines. I open my eyes to see Ellie giving me her puppy dog eyes.

I sigh and rub my eyes. Before sitting up.

"Hey you guys up?" The door opens slowly as Sam peaks his head in. I smile and nod.

"Daddy!" Ellie squeals before hopping off the bed and running towards him.

"Hey princess!" He picks her up and spins her around making her giggle. I laugh at the two of them and throw off my covers.

I sit on the side of the bed and see Sam looking at me.

"What?" I look at my t-shirt and booty shorts then look back up at him.

"Nothing..." He smirks and gives me a wink. I watch as he and Ellie walk out of the room.

I sigh and follow behind while throwing my hair in a messy bun.

"What would my two ladies like for breakfast?" He says as he sets Ellie on the counter.

"CANDY!" She screams.

"Elaine!" I look at her harshly as she shrinks back.

"Sorry momma..." She says quietly.

"Its okay... Just don't shout, we're inside so we can't yell okay?" I walk over and rub her back soothingly.

She nods before giving me a hug. I hug her back and kiss her head before hopping onto the counter next to her.

I look over to Sam to see him staring at me again.

"What?" I ask while swinging my legs back and forth.

"Nothing..." He says quietly before turning around and looking through the cupboard.

"Pancakes?" He turns around with the pancake mix.

"AND SYRUP!" Ellie says excitedly. He smiles and starts grabbing the rest of the ingredients to make the pancakes.
***
"I don't know about you, but I am sooo full," I lean back and set my hand on my stomach.

"Me too..." Ellie says in her groggy voice. I laugh and stand up to grab everyones plates.

"Morning newbies!" Ryan says cheerfully as he walks in shirtless and sweaty.

"Morning..." I say shyly as I continue to wash the plates.

"You see..." He swings his arm over my shoulder and looks at me with a smile,"We are going to be best pals! Right Ellie!" He turns around and winks at her.

"Yay! Uncle Ryan!" She hops down from her chair and jumps up to high five him.

"Now that you've got that out of the way..." Sam says while removing Ryan's arm from my shoulder,"back off!" He growls playfully.

"Oooh, fiesty!" He says with a weird feminine voice. Walking out the door he stops and whispers in Sam's ear, "I like that!" He winks before picking up a giggly Ellie and jogging up the stairs.

"He's something else..." I say before turning around to continue washing the dishes.

"Yeah... But we go way back." He says leaning against the counter next to me.

"Can I ask you something?" I say cautiously.

"Yes, of course you can," He looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed.