Chapter 8

Grace's POV

"You ready?" Sam asks me as I look down and smooth out my dress. I look back up at him with fear before closing my eyes and letting out a nervous breath.

"Uh-huh..." I say unsure, grabbing his hand and walking out of my room.

Sam was reluctant to let me wear a dress but after a few little arguments and a tad bit of persuasion, he opened up to the idea. I just felt more appropriate wearing a dress. Almost like wearing a dress would give me a more authority look?

As Sam and I walk down the stairs and towards the backyard where the stage was set up, Ellie runs up to me in the cutest little outfit.

"Mommy! Don't I look pretty!" She giggles twirling in her dress.

"You look beautiful baby!" I smile kissing her cheek. She smiles and continues to twirl.

"Daddy! Daddy! Mommy says I look beautiful!" She gushes. He smiles and picks her up spinning her around. I cant help the smile spreading on my face, watching those two together.

"Of course you do Princess," He smiles kissing her cheek,"Your beautiful just like Mommy." He looks at me and winks making me look down and blush.

She giggles and kisses his cheek before he sets her down.

"Daddy can I go play with Landon?" She asks looking up at him.

"Of course. But stay close to him and don't run out of my sight!" He yells out to her as she runs off.

"She doesn't have a care in the world." I laugh and lean my head on Sam's shoulder watching Landon push Ellie on the swing set in the backyard just to the left of the stage.

"Alpha we're ready to begin." A girl says before scurrying off to finish some details.

"Showtime!" He says dramatically, doing jazz hands. I cant help but roll my eyes and playfully slap his chest.

"Lets do this before I throw up..." I say nervously. He chuckles and kisses my head before taking my hand in his.

He opens the sliding glass door and make our way to the stage. I look out and see about 75 people, men and women. Obviously this isn't the whole pack but its still quite a lot of people and our pack is known for our strength in numbers.

"Good luck buttercup!" Ryans smirks patting my shoulder in comfort. I nod and give a nervous smile back. Walking up the steps, I see Tessa sitting with my parents, along with Heidi watching Landon and Ellie.

I smile at Tessa as she gives me a thumbs up laughing. Finally reaching the middle of the stage where the podium is, I let one last nervous breath out and squeeze Sam's hand.

He smiles at me before taking a step towards the podium, in the midst letting go of my hand making my wolf whimper.

I stand behind awkwardly seeing people stare at me in confusion.

"Hello everyone!" Sam speaks loudly into the microphone, "You may be wondering why we have called you all here today on such a short notice. That will be for two reasons!" He says with authority in his voice.

"Reason number 1! Is 3 years ago I made a terrible mistake... A mistake that I will be trying to fix for the rest of my days, but anyways. 3 years ago I found my mate. She was beautiful and everything I could have imagined... But I let my ego and title get the best of me. But after she left I realized what a horrible mistake I had made, and I needed to fix it. After 3 years I found her... and I will be making up for all the pain I caused, for the rest of my life." He looks down in shame. But he takes a breath and looks back at me with a smile. I smile back and reach out for his extended hand and take slow steps towards him.