10. Show You

"And I will walk this road ahead,
One hundred miles on my hands.
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you.
And if you don't believe me now,
I'll flip the whole world upside-down.
Do I need to show you?
Guess I gotta show you."

L u c y

I had woken up in my bed, shopping bags surrounding me. I smiled to myself, because for the first time in a while, I felt...good. I had slept amazingly, the bags under my eyes, almost completely faded, and there was a good feeling in the pit of my stomach.

That was a good feeling... Right?

My thoughts were interrupted by a particular ringtone. Picking up my phone, I glanced at the contact name:

Shawny 😁

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey, Lu. Be ready in an hour, so we'll have time to walk to school."

"Oh, yeah, about that, Shawn. I don't really think I'll be able to go school with you. I'm feeling a little...sick."

Lies. All lies.

"Oh, ok. Well, feel better, okay, Lu?"

"Oh trust me," I smiled, and glanced over to my newly stocked closet. "I will." I said, hanging up.

$&£

S h a w n

"Hey, Shawn, have you seen Lucy?" Sebastian asked, approaching me at my locker.

"Yeah, she's-"

"Oh, never mind. There she is... I think...?"

"Wait, what?" I closed my locker. Seb pointed to a girl walking through the double-doored entrance of the school.

It was Lucy, except it wasn't.

My jaw dropped. She was dressed in a revealing pink/red top, and a very, very short black leather skirt, and tall red heels. She had dyed her hair black and blue, and replaced her glasses with bright blue-colored contacts.

Also, she was wearing something I never thought I would see Lucy Diaz wearing.

Makeup.

And a lot of it.

Riley came up to us, and leaned her elbow on Seb's shoulder.

"Looks good, doesn't she?"

"She looks...different." Seb replies.

"Aww." Riley said, looking at me. She reached over and physically closed my open mouth. "Now, now, now, don't do that. You'll catch flies."

This jerked me back to reality, causing me to turn to Riley with an accusing look.

"Are you behind this?"

"Nope. All her." Riley shrugged, and walked away. I quickly removed my hoodie, and put it around Lucy's shoulders, as she passed me, trying to cover her up.

"Here, take my jacket. You look cold."

"Nope, not cold." Lucy replied simply, and I gave her a confused look.

"Lu, it's April. In Canada."

"And I've been living here for 14 years, Shawn. I've gotten used to it."

"I thought you said you were sick."

"I was sick. Sick of me."

"What are you talking about?"

A Songbook In The Making//S.M. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें