16. Something Big

"Something big, I feel it happening Out of my control Pushing, pulling, and it's grabbing me Feel it in my bones

Out of my control
Pushing, pulling, and it's grabbing me
Feel it in my bones."

S h a w n

"Hello?" I called out into my house.

"Hey, Shawn!" Aaliyah ran out of her room, heading toward the front door.

"Liyah. Hey-"

"Bye, Shawn." She said, grabbing her coat from off the rack.

"Hey, hey, hey." I grabbed the top of her head, holding her in place. She struggled a little, until finally giving up, and turning around to face me.

"Yes?"

"Where you going?"

"To Luke's."

"Luke's... You mean Lucy's?" I asked, and she had a face like a deer in the headlights.

"Um...yeah, that's what I meant." She said.

"Ok..." I squinted my eyes.

"What?" She asked, throwing her arms up.

"Hm... Nothing. Hey, give me a second. I'll go with you."

"Why? To confess your love to your best fwiend." She put her hands to her face, and pouted, giving me the puppy-dog eyes.

"What? No! Why would you think that?"

"Because it's the truth...?"

"Except it's not." I sing-songed back.

"Whatever you say, lover boy." She patted my arms, and grabbed her bag, walking out the door. "I'll be next door. And so will you-know-who." She said, before shutting the door.

Confess my love? Why is everyone saying that? But what if....

What am I saying? She a little girl that hasn't even hit the 5th year yet. Even if I did love (or even liked) Lucy, she wouldn't know.

Or am I so blind, even my nine-year-old sister can see it?