13. I Don't Even Know Your Name (2)

"I'm running, I'm searching
And I don't know where to start
I'm dying, my love,
You punched a hole right through my heart"

S h a w n

"Lucy." I said, jogging after her.

"Lucy!" I called, louder, since I was like 3 feet behind her. You know for someone who was 5'1, she walked really fast.

"Luce, wait." I pleaded, making Lucy stop in her place so I can catch up to her.

"What?" She answered venomously.

"What was that?" I asked, and her face softened.

"Shawn, you don't understand." She shook her head.

"You're right." I said, biting my lip, trying not to lose my temper on her. "I don't understand, Lucy."

"You don't know what it's like."

"Maybe I don't. I don't know what it's like to be a teenage girl in high school. I don't know what it's like to have 2 brothers. I only have Aaliyah. I don't have an older brother to protect me. So yeah, I don't know what it's like. But you know what I do know?"

"What?" She said, tears springing up in her eyes.

"I know that this isn't you. You never yell at Ben, or even Luke. You don't dress like this, you don't act like this. You hate skirts and short tops, and doing your hair, and makeup. The one time your mother forced you to get it done for Homecoming, you washed it off as soon as you got there."

"People change, Shawn."

"Luce, you literally haven't changed your wardrobe since you were 7." I said, and she stayed silent.

"See? I know you."

"Yeah? Well maybe you don't."

I looked at her as if she ripped my heart out and shot at it with a rifle. I'm not good at much.

The one thing I'm confident I know is music and Lucy.

And to think I don't know her anymore...?

I can't bear it.

"Lucy, do you need a ride?" Riley asked, as her dad drove up beside us.

"Yeah. I would love one." She said, her new blue eyes boring into mine.

As they drove off, my jaw set, a sign that I was about to explode.

I have 3 options.

Run.

Music.

Punch something.

What do I wanna do?

3rd option. What do I know I should do?

That would be not the 3rd one.

So I did the 1st to go to do the 2nd.

A/N So I'm really sorry it took this long to update. But I just didn't know how I wanted to write it. And then I was like "oh yeah you never write what you plan on doing", so yeah I literally just wrote this in an auction house. Hope you like it. Please read some of my other books (the main reason I don't update as much) and yeah. Please:

Vote⭐️
Comment 💬